Making Heroes in GRW

Discuss rules, scenarios, and battle reports for the Great Rail Wars in Deadlands!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Marshalonwheels
Seasoned

Making Heroes in GRW

#1 Postby Marshalonwheels » Sat May 21, 2016 12:55 pm

Hello, I was just wondering if the rules for making a hero for great rail wars were removed for the second edition. I own the second edition and all the supplements from drive-thru RPG( except dogs of war which is not available in PDF it seems ). in the book Cry Havoc it contains the instructions “Follow all the usual steps for making a hero
as outlined In the Great Rail Wars, including
drawing for Traits, rolling for Edges and
Hindrances, and paying 50 points.”
I've been up and down my copy of Great Rails Wars all 145 pages of the PDF. so I'm wondering if there is a page is missing or if those rules were removed and I can no longer make my own hero?

thank you in advance

jackdark
Novice

Re: Making Heroes in GRW

#2 Postby jackdark » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:59 pm

It's been awhile since I looked at the books but I recall that yes indeed, there were rules in the 1st edition GRW core book for making heroes that do not appear in the 2nd edition version. Which is disappointing. I thought at first my 2e copy (which I bought second hand) was just missing the pages or had a misprint until I really sat down and went through it a couple times.

What I don't understand is why Pinnacle removed them in 2e GRW? Anyone know what the thinking was?

Return to “The Great Rail Wars!”