Doomtown Shift?

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

LoinsoFury
Novice

Doomtown Shift?

#1 Postby LoinsoFury » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:50 pm

Just saw the announcement that AEG was returning control of the game to y'all. I personally just got into it, love it, and would hate to see it go. Any chance of it continuing in some format, or is it too soon to tell?

KujakuDM
Seasoned

Re: Doomtown Shift?

#2 Postby KujakuDM » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:45 am

Second! I really want SOMETHING to continue with this awesome game. The fanbase is there to help, even something yearly or less but something to continue on with.

spamman5r
Novice

#3 Postby spamman5r » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:03 am

Registered just to agree. Doomtown has an incredibly dedicated fandom and we'd hate to see the game disappear!

fatman4
Novice

#4 Postby fatman4 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:14 am

I come from Chile and I kinda still can't cope with the fact that Doomtown will end.
no game will come close to this one. please pinnacle don't let gomorra fall again.

Kahkalack
Novice

#5 Postby Kahkalack » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:20 am

Also made an account to say this. If it's at all possible, keep DTR alive.

UrbanSamurai
Novice

#6 Postby UrbanSamurai » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:38 am

Would love to see the game continue, there's a small dedicated group here in Winnipeg, MB that would be ecstatic for the game to continue. Even with fewer expansions/year or anything just to have the game continue would be great. I understand that there is a business side to this, and not just the wants and cares of the players but I think there's something here in Doomtown that with proper marketing could go a long way. Either way I'm hoping a continuation is at least considered before shelving a game that got me into CCGs.

kempy
Novice

#7 Postby kempy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:15 pm

Yeah, keep this game alive. Even with two per year "deluxe" expansions or something like that. I love this game!

dalarpguy
Novice

#8 Postby dalarpguy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:54 pm

Same here. I registered just to show that I (and my local community) want this game to continue under your helm. I Love Deadlands from you guys, and Doomtown is amazing. I'd love to see what you guys could do with it. And I assure you my entire local group (about 8 of us) would all be on board. It has grown in our city over the last few months, and we had plans to grow it more. Please don't give up on the product.

:arrow:

Darkagl1
Novice

#9 Postby Darkagl1 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Same registered to tell you we still want it in some form.

thewally42
Novice

#10 Postby thewally42 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:46 pm

I too want to say how much I hope the game will continue, even in a more limited format. It was because of the original Doomtown that I discovered the world of Deadlands, and Doomtown: Reloaded got me excited about the world all over again and prompted me to buy several Deadlands Reloaded books.

Mixxathon
Novice

#11 Postby Mixxathon » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:34 pm

Registered just to voice my approval for much more Doomtown:Reloaded. It is the game that beats them all, better than Netrunner even. I would gladly continue playing this game exclusively and noone would be happier than me if the game ended up in more capable hands than AEG who thought it was a great idea to do no promotion, show no support, and no gratitude towards any of the volunteers, all whilst pumping out product at a blinding and off-putting pace - and when none of the above worked, just drop the game as if it had the plague.

Please, give us a way to continue to play this game!

(This message is in no way endorsed by Christian T. Petersen @ Fantasy Flight Games)

Nu_Fenix
Novice

#12 Postby Nu_Fenix » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:41 pm

Replying to show my support too.

almightypepe
Novice

#13 Postby almightypepe » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:41 pm

A group of us in NE Florida would love for this game to continue. We will keep playing no matter what, but continued support would be greatly appreciated.

haplo777
Novice

#14 Postby haplo777 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 pm

If you are keeping track of those of us that would like to see you continue Doomtown Reloaded, please add me to the list. It is a great game that is set in such a great universe.

Qbek
Novice

#15 Postby Qbek » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:05 am

Just registered for the same reason as a lot of guys'n gals above. The idea of even one expansion per year would be great! It simply can't be allowed for such a game to vanish! Give us something! :cry:

PEG Jodi
Novice

#16 Postby PEG Jodi » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:00 am

Hi everyone! Thank you for letting us know your enthusiasm for Doomtown. We're listening. :)

Look for an official response from us tomorrow. It'll be posted on our website front page, but you can get it in your inbox by signing up for our weekly e-newsletter: http://peginc.us7.list-manage.com/subsc ... 6abac9e5d6

And welcome to the Pinnacle forums! This is a great place to be, and we think you'll love it here. :D
Jodi Black
COO and Managing Editor
Pinnacle Entertainment Group

Harlath
Novice

#17 Postby Harlath » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:19 am

As PEG are listening I thought I'd lend my voice in support! Ordered the cackled comic to put some money behind my plea too and got a charming email of thanks from Shane.

Would be great if both the card game and rpg were under the same roof.

jordan_caldwell
Novice

#18 Postby jordan_caldwell » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:09 pm

Echoing sentiments expressed above.

I'm an old Classic player who supported that "dead" game for a good lonely decade then missed the whole first year-and-a-half of Reloaded before jumping right in organizing my local scene. We were just starting to pick up steam - vying for space on Monday nights with the other LCGs and finally getting enough regular attendance to "claim" a table - when the recent news came in. Suffice it to say I'm really disappointed.

What draws me to the game time and again starts with the raw mechanics up through the story and how these two elements come together to set the overall tone of the game. Though I'll continue to support the "dead" game (AGAIN!!!), it'd be really nice to be part of a game that was piloted by a company that had the market chops, passion, and ear to the dedicated community surrounding this great game.

Aetius65
Novice

#19 Postby Aetius65 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:42 am

Have joined just to chime in with a please keep Doomtown Reloaded going in some shape or form - best game out there.

mohnkern
Novice

#20 Postby mohnkern » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:50 am

Just chiming in to say I recently discovered Doomtown and have loved it so far, thematically its a great game. I'd love to see this card game be maintained in some format, if it if its different from the mechanics of Doomtown; reloaded by AEG.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”