RPGnow PDF quality

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Dr. Schwartzwald
Novice

RPGnow PDF quality

#1 Postby Dr. Schwartzwald » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:19 am

I bought some Deadlands HoE classic PDFs on rpgnow.com and most of them were fine and dandy, perfectly clear and searchable.

Some...weren't. My copy of the basic rules and the jinkman cometh were great. My copy of Iron Oasis sucks. Blurry, hard to read and can't be searched. Can you guys please do a little quality upgrade on your PDF files available on rpgnow.com to raise them all to the quality of the good ones?
\

PEG Jodi
Novice

Re: RPGnow PDF quality

#2 Postby PEG Jodi » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:26 pm

We wish we could!

Unfortunately, the files are too old to work with current technology (like that handy searching thing) without a lot of staff time invested. We'd rather staff focus on getting new product out. :)

Thanks for understanding.
Jodi Black
COO and Managing Editor
Pinnacle Entertainment Group

Dr. Schwartzwald
Novice

#3 Postby Dr. Schwartzwald » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:17 am

I do appreciate your reply.

SeeleyOne
Veteran

#4 Postby SeeleyOne » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:19 pm

If you have it in print you could scan it.
Just about every kid today wants to be Batman, Spiderman, or Superman. Maybe if we were better parents they would not want to become orphans.

To be evil is to live backwards

SeeleyOne
Veteran

#5 Postby SeeleyOne » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:21 pm

I sent some out of print books off to Blue-Leaf book scanning. After I get the finished product I will tell you how good they did. It might be worth it for Pinnacle to send some older books that had crappy pdfs.
Just about every kid today wants to be Batman, Spiderman, or Superman. Maybe if we were better parents they would not want to become orphans.

Cryonic
Heroic

#6 Postby Cryonic » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:50 pm

SeeleyOne wrote:I sent some out of print books off to Blue-Leaf book scanning. After I get the finished product I will tell you how good they did. It might be worth it for Pinnacle to send some older books that had crappy pdfs.

Not sure it is worth the price for Pinnacle. $24.95 for the 1st book + $14.95 each additional plus $0.10/page after the first 50 pages.

So, 10 books at 100 pages per book would be: $254.50. That would need to be compared against the possible revenue from getting the books scanned (provided they even still have copies laying around).

SeeleyOne
Veteran

#7 Postby SeeleyOne » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:52 pm

But they do at least give you something sell-able and also with the OCR, you could make a revised version without having to rewrite it all from scratch.

SeeleyOne
Veteran

#8 Postby SeeleyOne » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:54 pm

I got the scans back today. I have to look through them all with more attention, but skimming through them they came out pretty good.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”