Are the Savage Rifts books available in hardcopy?

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

vivsavage
Novice

Are the Savage Rifts books available in hardcopy?

#1 Postby vivsavage » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:49 pm

I see them in pdf, but are they available as hardcopies?

Cryonic
Heroic

Re: Are the Savage Rifts books available in hardcopy?

#2 Postby Cryonic » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:53 am

They show up at my FLGS, so I'd say yes.

vivsavage
Novice

#3 Postby vivsavage » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:57 am

Cryonic wrote:They show up at my FLGS, so I'd say yes.

Weird. I can't find it anywhere online. My Google-fu must be failing me. I wonder if I can order it from them?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#4 Postby ValhallaGH » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:51 am

vivsavage wrote:I wonder if I can order it from them?

I hope not. They still haven't shipped my Kickstarter books yet.*
If you can buy them from a game store that wasn't a Kickstarter backer (there was a Brick & Mortar level for stores to get them early) then I need to have a stern work with PEG, who needs to have a stern word with Studio 2.

*Not haven't arrived. I mean they haven't been packed and stacked to go out the door - I am going to get an e-mail once that has happened, and I have no such e-mail.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Griffin
Novice

#5 Postby Griffin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:20 pm

ValhallaGH wrote:
vivsavage wrote:I wonder if I can order it from them?

then I need to have a stern work with PEG, who needs to have a stern word with Studio 2.

Stores were able to participate in the Kickstarter, which is why some have copies.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#6 Postby ValhallaGH » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:40 pm

ValhallaGH wrote:If you can buy them from a game store that wasn't a Kickstarter backer (there was a Brick & Mortar level for stores to get them early)

Griffin wrote:Stores were able to participate in the Kickstarter, which is why some have copies.

See what I did there?
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

SavageGamerGirl
Legendary

#7 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Right now your best option is to build yourself a pre-order bundle. You'll get hardcopies as soon a they're available.

https://www.peginc.com/store/savage-rif ... er-bundle/
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

PEG Jodi
Novice

#8 Postby PEG Jodi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:07 pm

SavageGamerGirl wrote:Right now your best option is to build yourself a pre-order bundle. You'll get hardcopies as soon a they're available.

https://www.peginc.com/store/savage-rif ... er-bundle/

Just adding: Preorders from our website ship after the last Kickstarter backer is shipped. Then we'll make the products available to retailers through normal distribution, but it may take up to 2-3 months for those to trickle to stores.

Merchant backers were treated no differently from other backers. Here's where we discussed the packing process:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/54 ... ts/1778079

The warehouse team is hard at work on this Martin Luther King, Jr., holiday, and we appreciate their diligence. All packages should be out soon!
Jodi Black
COO and Managing Editor
Pinnacle Entertainment Group

Jrpaikuli
Novice

#9 Postby Jrpaikuli » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:15 am

Good to hear they're still working at it. Looks like we have another day before some of us need to email to point out they haven't shipped yet? Or do you guys have a new date we should be using to email you guys?

PEG Jodi
Novice

#10 Postby PEG Jodi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Just posted a shipping update on the Kickstarter on the Comments page (not a Kickstarter Update update since it only applies to about 9% of backers):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/54 ... s/comments

Shipping Update:
I just spoke with the warehouse and they have about 400 orders left including the EU pallet.
A software glitch is holding up the EU pallet right now (Murphy's Law, right?) so they are working to resolve that and make sure they don't leave anyone out, checking and rechecking the EU order. That of course has pulled staff away from packing orders.
They should ship most of the remaining orders today and tomorrow, so tomorrow the 18th is still the target date. Please wait until after 6 pm Central U.S. time to check for your tracking ID. If it ships tomorrow you may not see it any earlier than 6 pm Central, and possibly later.
If you still don't see a tracking ID starting Thursday morning, email site.admin@peginc.com. We'll check to be sure your order was completed in PledgeManager and pulled to the warehouse for packing.
I can't wait to hear game reports and see pics of your game groups playing Savage Rifts®! Thank you all for your continued support. :)
--Jodi for PEG
Jodi Black

COO and Managing Editor

Pinnacle Entertainment Group

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”