Savage Rifts Omnibus

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

outpatient8
Novice

Savage Rifts Omnibus

#1 Postby outpatient8 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:35 pm

I brought up this idea on the kickstarter comments and it seemed to have some some teeth. So, I figured it'd be a good idea to start a convo about it here.
Basically, I think it would be awesome if there was an omnibus of the 3 core books that included the core mechanic of the game.
One tome to rule them all.
Also, if this idea comes to life can we please please please get NON-glossy paper in there?
I'm not sure when glossy became a thing but it makes me and my group nuts and it's more expensive.

Otherwise, great job on the whole SR situation. It's awesome, we're having a blast with it and we can't wait for the source/world/dimension books to start stacking up 0X :new-alien: :blackbelt: :bmage: :garland: :rmage: :sara: :eating: :snipersmile: :2gunfire: :blam: :halfrobot: :cannon: :whitemage: :firepower: :12ar15smilie: :1chaos: :1elefant: :1imu2: :1rocketwhore: :1sasmokin: :50cal: :1yelclap: :trippin:
outpatient8.proboards85.com

SavageGamerGirl
Legendary

Re: Savage Rifts Omnibus

#2 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:14 pm

I know of only two times that Pinnacle Games has included the core rules with a setting product. That would be Pirates of the Spanish Main and the Savage World of Solomon Kane. That was done, I recall, at the specific request of the original license holders.

Also, knowing how production schedules work, it would probably be years before something like this could even get into the planning phase. Even if they were to do this, it will be awhile before you see it.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

outpatient8
Novice

#3 Postby outpatient8 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:56 am

It's all about the number of people that show interest in the idea.
Enough interest =another kickstarter = even more people getting on board = omnibus.
Here's hoping :]
outpatient8.proboards85.com

Jrpaikuli
Novice

#4 Postby Jrpaikuli » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:29 am

If I have to choose between an omnibus in 2017 or, let's say Atlantis and Vampire Kingdoms sourcebooks, I'd prefer more material. An omnibus would be cool, but unnecessary for me and an optional addition.

blackwingedheaven
Seasoned

#5 Postby blackwingedheaven » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:12 am

Jrpaikuli wrote:If I have to choose between an omnibus in 2017 or, let's say Atlantis and Vampire Kingdoms sourcebooks, I'd prefer more material. An omnibus would be cool, but unnecessary for me and an optional addition.

That's pretty much where I am too. I like the three-book format to begin with, and I'd rather see more new material than previous material repackaged.
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”