Rifts conversion

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Severite
Novice

Rifts conversion

#1 Postby Severite » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Hello, something was said about converting Rifts material over into Savage Rifts not being allowed, so I wanted to clarify that doing so fell within fair use, especially after the release of Savaging Your Favorite Rifts Ideas.

Thanks

SavageGamerGirl
Legendary

Re: Rifts conversion

#2 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:10 am

We ask fans to please not directly post conversions of any other company's intellectual property here on the forums. If you create a conversion for any other property and wish to share it, please post it on an external website or Google docs and post a link back here.

Forum rules here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9066
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Severite
Novice

#3 Postby Severite » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:27 am

Thanks! :D

I had gotten confused over another poster statements to mean that conversions were not "allowed" at all.

Zadmar
Legendary

#4 Postby Zadmar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:48 pm

The Savage Worlds licensing guidelines state:

"If you’d like to use the Savage Worlds game system for your own materials, there are two ways to do so: the Fan license and the Official license.

**Please note all products for Rifts® for Savage Worlds are excluded from the Fan license at this time. **
"
My blog: Savage Stuff. I've also written some free tools and supplements.

Jrpaikuli
Novice

#5 Postby Jrpaikuli » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:18 am

I might have been the one that posted "not allowed", at least I remember participating in a similar thread. I really like SW and I really like Rifts. I think it's best we treat both sides of the license fairly. I applaud Kevin Siembieda and the PEG crew for making this happen. I have a ton converted for person use, but don't post any of it as I want this collaboration to continue. I've seen lots of fan posted material and I think it's great the Palladium Books has been as patient as they have with that. Let's not take advantage of that patience. My two cents anyways :).

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”