Savage Worlds Web Tools Update

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

amerigoV
Heroic

Re: Savage Worlds Web Tools Update

#41 Postby amerigoV » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:08 pm

Really nice!

I am using explorer (I know - work machine) - I am not getting anything when I hit the PDF button. But I made a simple 1/2-orc warrior and it turned out nice!

(Now I need you to put in all the Hellfrost material :P)
Savage Buckeye!

Gordon
Seasoned

#42 Postby Gordon » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Yep. For some reason the PDF lib doesn't work quite right when going to a new Windows in both I.E. and Edge - sorry

Koshnek
Novice

#43 Postby Koshnek » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:02 am

How do you select edges which don't recognize requirements? (Such as familiar)

Gordon
Seasoned

#44 Postby Gordon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:13 am

You should be able to select any edge that you qualify for (and a few that you may not if the requirements were more than a little complicated).

As long as you have the magic arcane background and an arcane skill of arcana 10 or more, Famliar should be selectable.

Koshnek
Novice

#45 Postby Koshnek » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:36 pm

In addition to not giving extra skill points, when you take elder and it drops your str/vigor by a die, it confuses the calculator by refunding your attribute point. For example if I had d8 vigor and 5/5 points spent on the bottom, Elder would drop that d8 to d6 correctly, but it would refund 1 attribute point at the bottom 4/5.

FC Lockpicks are $100, not $200 like core.

Mini Quarels from FC aren't included.

Not trying to nit pick just showing what I don't see

FatherMorpheus
Novice

#46 Postby FatherMorpheus » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:08 pm

I noticed two possible bugs.

Super Powers
If you choose the Super Karma perk prior to selecting your Super Power Campaign level, it won't add the extra power points.

Starships
Crew Reduction I don't think is valid for Starships, and if you select it not only does it reduce your crew but it also gives you extra mods. I discovered this while building a Planet killer style ship. Was kind of funny, until I noticed the error.

The GIT!
Heroic

#47 Postby The GIT! » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:05 am

FatherMorpheus wrote:Starships
Crew Reduction I don't think is valid for Starships, and if you select it not only does it reduce your crew but it also gives you extra mods. I discovered this while building a Planet killer style ship. Was kind of funny, until I noticed the error.

That's actually how Crew Reduction is supposed to work - refer to the errata at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/peg-freebies/SFC_P97_Errata.pdf

zgreg
Novice

#48 Postby zgreg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:32 am

Great set of tools, congratulations :)

One that really scratched my itch is the "Raise Trainer". I've thought of writing something similar for a long time but never got into it, thanks. I've a suggestion/feature request to make it configurable, though. Some ideas:
- an option for turning off the failure cases - those are the most simple to determine (comparing numbers is easy), it would be nice to be able to skip them,
- an option for "freezing" the difficulty to 4 - this is the most common case in SW,
- an option to force the user to tell exact number of raises - useful for exercising the wound amount calculations (with the scale ending on e.g. "5 or more" button).

Kristian Serrano
Heroic

#49 Postby Kristian Serrano » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:46 am

zgreg wrote:Great set of tools, congratulations :)

One that really scratched my itch is the "Raise Trainer". I've thought of writing something similar for a long time but never got into it, thanks. I've a suggestion/feature request to make it configurable, though. Some ideas:
- an option for turning off the failure cases - those are the most simple to determine (comparing numbers is easy), it would be nice to be able to skip them,
- an option for "freezing" the difficulty to 4 - this is the most common case in SW,
- an option to force the user to tell exact number of raises - useful for exercising the wound amount calculations (with the scale ending on e.g. "5 or more" button).

Also an option that is endless and gives immediate feedback without having to go through a complete set.

Gordon
Seasoned

#50 Postby Gordon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:51 am

The feedback to the Dice Trainer is awesome - keep them coming! :)

FatherMorpheus
Novice

#51 Postby FatherMorpheus » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:52 am

The GIT! wrote:
FatherMorpheus wrote:Starships

That's actually how Crew Reduction is supposed to work - refer to the errata at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/peg-freebies/SFC_P97_Errata.pdf

Oh! Very cool. Apparently my copy needs some updating.

Gordon
Seasoned

#52 Postby Gordon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:38 am

Minor update. I received some "high authority feedback ;)" from a learned scholar who hasn't been looking at it for the last few years. He informed me the validation notifications were easy to miss. Since I wrote the software and designed the UI I knew exactly what to look for (this is very common with single or small team development with no budget for user testing).

I just pushed out an update this morning which should help that.

Here's the preview: before the validation warnings and errors showed up at the bottom left against the Status Bar.
Click for larger version

It now shows up much more prominently along the bottom of the CharGen navigation buttons.
Click for larger version

Again, you may have to "Hard-Refresh" your browser to see the changes.
See "Force Refresh" here: http://refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

Gordon
Seasoned

#53 Postby Gordon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:34 am

Kristian Serrano wrote:
zgreg wrote:Great set of tools, congratulations :)

Also an option that is endless and gives immediate feedback without having to go through a complete set.

Those features have been added! Thank you!

Right now it still tests vs. Failures, but what I will do in the future (maybe this afternoon if I have time) is to have an option to remove all failed results (and the Fail button when option is selected).

What I plan on doing is when it's on "Endless" to give the correct/failure status of the last question.

Zero Mostel
Seasoned

#54 Postby Zero Mostel » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:34 pm

When creating vehicles, is this for Any era or for Sci FI alone?
As the chicken said to the lion, "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it."

:blam:

Gordon
Seasoned

#55 Postby Gordon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:59 pm

Zero Mostel wrote:When creating vehicles, is this for Any era or for Sci FI alone?

Sci Fi companion... although you can probably adjust for it for whatever game. You could even probably use it for big naval vessels too (starships)

Kristian Serrano
Heroic

#56 Postby Kristian Serrano » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:35 am

Tried out the updated Raise Trainer, and I think in general you should eliminate matching results altogether. Then we won't waste time on matching values (e.g. - Roll 11, TN 11).

Speaking of TN, that label might fit better than Target Number.

Also, "Success w/ 5 Raises" should be "Success w/ 4 Raises."

zgreg
Novice

#57 Postby zgreg » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:42 am

Kristian Serrano wrote:Tried out the updated Raise Trainer, and I think in general you should eliminate matching results altogether. Then we won't waste time on matching values (e.g. - Roll 11, TN 11).

Maybe they could be set as an option.

After the update the page looks strange in Opera for Android, though, the element names are shown instead of labels :)

Kristian Serrano
Heroic

#58 Postby Kristian Serrano » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:38 am

zgreg wrote:
Kristian Serrano wrote:Tried out the updated Raise Trainer, and I think in general you should eliminate matching results altogether. Then we won't waste time on matching values (e.g. - Roll 11, TN 11).

Maybe they could be set as an option.

I mean, who really needs to be tested on 11 vs. 11, 8 vs. 8, etc.?

Or are you referring to TN vs. Target Number?

Gordon
Seasoned

#59 Postby Gordon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:06 am

Updated raise trainer suggestion options and labeling changes. I'm going to try to get to the Arcane Background fixes this week.

zgreg
Novice

#60 Postby zgreg » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Kristian Serrano wrote:I mean, who really needs to be tested on 11 vs. 11, 8 vs. 8, etc.?

Maybe someone who'd like to use the trainer in a completely random fashion (the way it used to work before the changes)? I think that having it as an option shouldn't require a lot of work and it won't hurt.

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”