Book sizes

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Phasma Felis
Seasoned

Book sizes

#1 Postby Phasma Felis » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:17 pm

I've read that Pinnacle recently changed to a different standard size for current and future books. Most of the books in the PEG store don't have sizes listed either way, though. Is there a list somewhere of which books come in which size(s)?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: Book sizes

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:11 am

Everything since the Sci-Fi & Super Powers Companions (inclusive) is in the Trade Paperback size. About 7x10.
Before that, the hardbacks are full size and most of the softcovers are the 6.5x9 "explorer" size.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Phasma Felis
Seasoned

#3 Postby Phasma Felis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks! What's "full size" exactly? I'd guess 8.5"x11"?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#4 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:03 pm

"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Doc_klueless
Novice

#5 Postby Doc_klueless » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Have they reprinted the Savage Worlds Deluxe in the new 7 x 10 size yet? Call me weird (many do! lol) but I like it when my book sizes match. For example, my current "core" rulebook is not the same size as my Lankhmar stuff and it's... bleh.
-- ArtWend
The voices in my head say I'm way cooler than you.

Brickulos
Veteran

#6 Postby Brickulos » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:43 pm

Doc_klueless wrote:Have they reprinted the Savage Worlds Deluxe in the new 7 x 10 size yet? Call me weird (many do! lol) but I like it when my book sizes match. For example, my current "core" rulebook is not the same size as my Lankhmar stuff and it's... bleh.

They have not. My understanding is that they won't be printing any new books until they run out of the current format, which could take awhile.

Ndreare
Veteran

#7 Postby Ndreare » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Doc_klueless wrote: Call me weird (many do! lol) but I like it when my book sizes match.

I agree, as someone newer to Savage Worlds (only about 2 years), this aesthetic element was a big "what the?" for me. I have a couple hard backs that are full size, several other books closer to the Deluxe book size and then the newer books are all the same size.

In the end though, it is all still workable. Every new book is the same size and they all fit nicely together.

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”