Scifi Companion and Interface 0

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Xon
Novice

Scifi Companion and Interface 0

#1 Postby Xon » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Has anyone used the Scifi Companion and Interface Zero as available splatbooks for a campaign? I'm not talking about lore/setting. I'm wondering if the mechanics, edges, hindrances, equipment, etc, work well together, and/or if there would be any obvious conflicts? Thanks!

Edit: In case it might help, I'm planning a campaign that combines (in a very general sense) Gibsonesque cyberpunk with the expanse-esque space opera.

duck-of-doom
Novice

Re: Scifi Companion and Interface 0

#2 Postby duck-of-doom » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:50 am

The drones, as well as vehicles and mechs from IZ0 is based on the sci fi companion, and the sci fi companion recommend the use of IZ0 for hacking rules, so I would say that they suit each other pretty well.

One thing thou is that some of the cybernetics and the melee weapon upgrade rules from the sci fi companion is a bit broken compared to IZ0 material, but a good GM should be able to catch up on it before it ruins balance

Brickulos
Veteran

#3 Postby Brickulos » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:56 am

You'll want to decide which set of rules to use for cybernetics. The Sci Fi Companion's are more generic.

Xon
Novice

#4 Postby Xon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:38 am

Awesome. Thank you :D

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”