[Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

Discussion of products from third-party companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic
Posts: 1397
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

[Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#1 Postby Lee_Szczepanik » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:46 am

Kickstarter for the APOCALYPSE CAMPAIGN GUIDE and APOCALYPSE UNLEASHED dual-book project launches July 25th.

The Apocalypse Campaign Guide is approximately 96 pages, and includes new Edges, Hindrances, Genre Rules, Community Rules, NPC templates, and lots more for running all types of apocalypse campaigns, from the zombie outbreak to alien invasion to supernatural, even more realistic concepts like massive EMP strikes and nuclear wars.

The companion book, Apocalypse Unleashed, provides 8 "setting frameworks" using different genres, such as a fantasy apocalypse, alien invaders, dimensional portal/The Mist style, and others. Each Framework provides basic setting details so GMs can start playing right away, but also provides plenty of room to expand and add their own features.

Both books will be available to Backers in PDF, sofcover, and hardcover. Print editions will be 7x10 graphic novel size.


(Not Actual Cover)

Image
Lee F. Szczepanik, Jr.
Lee F. Szczepanik, Jr at Facebook

Nostromo
Seasoned
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:29 pm

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#2 Postby Nostromo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:48 pm

Bring it!

SteelDraco
Seasoned
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 am

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#3 Postby SteelDraco » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:51 pm

Quick question - once this launches, do you have an ETA on the material? Is it going to be like the various Pinnacle Kickstarters, where the material is written and the KS is mostly for art, printing, and layout, and backing gets you access to a rough draft? I'm starting to plot my next campaign, which will likely be post-apocalyptic in nature. I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if this material is going to be available shortly after the KS launches.

User avatar
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic
Posts: 1397
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#4 Postby Lee_Szczepanik » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:02 pm

SteelDraco wrote:Quick question - once this launches, do you have an ETA on the material? Is it going to be like the various Pinnacle Kickstarters, where the material is written and the KS is mostly for art, printing, and layout, and backing gets you access to a rough draft? I'm starting to plot my next campaign, which will likely be post-apocalyptic in nature. I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if this material is going to be available shortly after the KS launches.


Yes and no.

Yes, it is written before the KS starts; but no, I don’t pass out the manuscript to Backers. The reason being, until it goes through editing and then right to layout (so up until just about the time the artwork is done and it’s ready to be sent to my graphic designer), unannounced things in the manuscript might change.

Features or something that I might have written and reserved for a follow-up PDF might happen to become a requested part of the book by Backers or other fans (and not that I ever say what I have in reserve, just that it sometimes goes that way by sheer happenstance), so I’ll look at what to swap from the book to put that section in instead, and just use the swapped section for the follow-up.

That’s actually happening at the Unofficial Savage Worlds FB page right now. A couple of solid requests for some things were actually being worked on for a small follow-up PDF. Given the requests hoping things along those lines are in the KS funded books, I’m now finishing up those small sections to try to put in there.

So until I announce that a book has left for editing before layout, nothing is 100% written in stone as to what will be included in the final manuscript. Unless it’s a feature I’ve already announced, as I naturally won’t swap those out. I've already promised them.

It’s just the way I handle doing RPG books to keep things semi-interactive.
Lee F. Szczepanik, Jr.
Lee F. Szczepanik, Jr at Facebook

SteelDraco
Seasoned
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 am

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#5 Postby SteelDraco » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Lee_Szczepanik wrote:Yes and no.

Yes, it is written before the KS starts; but no, I don’t pass out the manuscript to Backers. The reason being, until it goes through editing and then right to layout (so up until just about the time the artwork is done and it’s ready to be sent to my graphic designer), unannounced things in the manuscript might change.

OK, that's not a problem at all. Totally reasonable; I know the issues with having people working off a beta copy of the rules before it's a final product, and how that can cause frustration with backers. Your way of doing it makes good sense.

Thanks for the prompt reply, and good luck with the Kickstarter. You've got my support.

Nostromo
Seasoned
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:29 pm

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#6 Postby Nostromo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Any update on this? How do I get my grubby hands on this? I guess I missed the kickstarter, and I can't find this on drive thru RPG.

Anybody know anything about the status on this project?

SteelDraco
Seasoned
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 am

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#7 Postby SteelDraco » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:22 pm

The campaign guide is out; I believe he's still working on the rest of the material. The campaign guide is quite enjoyable - it's been very useful for my prep for a Fallout game.

Nostromo
Seasoned
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:29 pm

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#8 Postby Nostromo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:45 pm

Thanks for the reply SteelDraco, but it looks like it is only available for kickstarter backers at the moment.

I sent a mail to their sales/support team and they said it would be around March/April before the PDF's are available on DrivethruRPG.

Happy gaming!

User avatar
Zero Mostel
Seasoned
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:53 am
Location: California Nanny State

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#9 Postby Zero Mostel » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:24 pm

If the PDF is Out, where do I get one?
As the chicken said to the lion, "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it."

:blam:

SteelDraco
Seasoned
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 am

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#10 Postby SteelDraco » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:34 pm

The PDF was sent out to KickStarter backers. I have no idea when the general release will be; presumably Lee (above) would be the guy to ask as he wrote it. :-)

User avatar
Zero Mostel
Seasoned
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:53 am
Location: California Nanny State

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#11 Postby Zero Mostel » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:31 pm

LEE! Where can I get a copy?
As the chicken said to the lion, "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it."



:blam:

thomas5251212
Seasoned
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#12 Postby thomas5251212 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:15 pm

I'd be interested in the answer to that, too.

thomas5251212
Seasoned
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#13 Postby thomas5251212 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:25 pm

Just for reference, apparently the pdf has been up on RPGNOW for a while (I don't know how long, so I don't know if I just missed it or it went up after I checked) and now the hardcopies are available that way too.

User avatar
Lee_Szczepanik
Heroic
Posts: 1397
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#14 Postby Lee_Szczepanik » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:20 pm

thomas5251212 wrote:Just for reference, apparently the pdf has been up on RPGNOW for a while (I don't know how long, so I don't know if I just missed it or it went up after I checked) and now the hardcopies are available that way too.


They just released this past Wednesday (April 12th). I had been swamped with a ton of stuff the past week, and forgot to come here to the forums to post about it. I did so just now in another thread. But thank you for letting folks know in the meantime. Much appreciated. :D
Lee F. Szczepanik, Jr.
Lee F. Szczepanik, Jr at Facebook

thomas5251212
Seasoned
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: [Daring Entertainment] Apocalypse Campaign Guide, July 25th

#15 Postby thomas5251212 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Lee_Szczepanik wrote:
thomas5251212 wrote:Just for reference, apparently the pdf has been up on RPGNOW for a while (I don't know how long, so I don't know if I just missed it or it went up after I checked) and now the hardcopies are available that way too.


They just released this past Wednesday (April 12th). I had been swamped with a ton of stuff the past week, and forgot to come here to the forums to post about it. I did so just now in another thread. But thank you for letting folks know in the meantime. Much appreciated. :D



Ah. For some reason it seemed like it'd been there longer than that when I noticed it.


Return to “SW Licensees”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests