Pinebox Texas?

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

goodmanje
Novice

Pinebox Texas?

#1 Postby goodmanje » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:13 am

Pinebox Texas reminds me of Commerce, Tx where I went to college at East Texas State University.... I wonder if the setting was loosely based off of Commerce?

Jackson
Veteran

Re: Pinebox Texas?

#2 Postby Jackson » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:04 pm

My wife graduated from Commerce. I graduated from Sam Houston, and I grew up outside of Lufkin and went to support Stephen F. Austin University in Nac-a-Nowhere. ETU and Pinbox is an amalgamation of Lufkin, Commerce, Huntsville, and Jasper and the colleges. Good eye!

Ed
Keep it coming...

East Texas University....enroll for the Fall Semester Now!

MaxKaladin
Novice

#3 Postby MaxKaladin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:11 pm

Jackson wrote:My wife graduated from Commerce. I graduated from Sam Houston, and I grew up outside of Lufkin and went to support Stephen F. Austin University in Nac-a-Nowhere. ETU and Pinbox is an amalgamation of Lufkin, Commerce, Huntsville, and Jasper and the colleges. Good eye!

Ed
I have to admit that the first thing I thought when I saw the map of the campus was that Texas A&M might have been a bit of an influence. What stood out was the combination of the way it had a railroad track running past the back of the campus combined with the avenue leading to the semi-circle drive and the administration building at the front.

Similarly, "Pinebox, TX" reminded me of driving past "Dime Box, TX" every time I went home or drove back to the university.

Jackson
Veteran

#4 Postby Jackson » Mon May 01, 2017 8:09 am

LOL! I live in Deanville, just east of Dimebox. Our original 12 to Midnight cartographer is Craig Largent. He graduated from A&M so.... Great eye!
Keep it coming...

East Texas University....enroll for the Fall Semester Now!

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”