[RIPPERS RESURRECTED] First plot point campaign?

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Meg
Novice

[RIPPERS RESURRECTED] First plot point campaign?

#1 Postby Meg » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi all,

At the beginning of Return of Evil in the Game Master's Handbook it states that this is the second Plot Point Campaign & that this particular PPC comes afterwards. I'd like to start at the very beginning, but I can't figure out where the first one is or what it's called.

Thanks!

Matchstickman
Seasoned

Re: [RIPPERS RESURRECTED] First plot point campaign?

#2 Postby Matchstickman » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:29 pm

The first Plot Point Campaign is the one that came with the original (non-resurrected) Rippers book. ... I can't remember what it's called but I remember it being very railroady.
Collegium member: "Science is not an exact science."

Meg
Novice

#3 Postby Meg » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:35 pm

The one with Hyde Park etc.?

I don't feel like converting, however easy it is. I think we'll go straight into this one.

Thanks!

Porkchop Express
Novice

#4 Postby Porkchop Express » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:27 pm

That's the one, yes.

As someone with limited prep time who is currently running the old campaign for a first time group, I can tell you that there isn't too much work involved in carrying it over. I've probably even given myself more work than I needed to because the group chose between old system and new system for each setting rule. The only reason I chose to do it is because the Resurrected campaign has a lot less impact with new players to the setting.

Anyhow, I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

Kaandorian
Novice

#5 Postby Kaandorian » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:32 am

Porkchop Express wrote:The only reason I chose to do it is because the Resurrected campaign has a lot less impact with new players to the setting.

Hi!
I'm running The Return of Evil, too, and I never played the first PPC. My players and I never played Rippers before.
Why do you say that it has a lot less impact with new players to the setting?

Porkchop Express
Novice

#6 Postby Porkchop Express » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Mileage will vary but I think having all the heavy hitters from the Cabal coming back means a lot less to a group of players that didn't actually defeat them in the first place. Like, I don't think it would be crucial to run the campaign just that you miss that moment of "Oh yeah, I remember Hyde. He was a real son of a-" since the players don't have previous history. The Vienna Accords (or whatever they called the agreement to change Rippertech) also make more sense when you have gone through Hell in the original campaign and have the experience of how Rippertech used to work. Things like that.

That said, I have no doubt that a group could pick it up and have an absolute blast while being fresh to the setting. As the GM though, I'd rather start at the beginning.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”