Power Fists

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Ian R Liddle
Novice

Power Fists

#1 Postby Ian R Liddle » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:07 pm

I noticed that energy sheathed armored fists were missing from the Science Fiction Companion. How would you do the stats for these?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: Power Fists

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:14 pm

Use a Cestus or Brass Knuckle as the base. Make it an energy weapon.
Str+d6, AP 4, Heavy Weapon, $+500.
Done.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Ian R Liddle
Novice

#3 Postby Ian R Liddle » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:16 pm

I thought of that but couldnt find the stats for Cestus.

SteelDraco
Seasoned

#4 Postby SteelDraco » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Just apply either the Energy Weapon or Power Weapon modifiers from the SFC to the Brass Knuckles in SWD. Either way works fine; just depends on the effect you want - I would probably go with Power Weapon rather than Energy Weapon because EW is supposed to be for something like a lightsaber where it's all energy; power weapon is more for a fist covered in energy.

There wouldn't be any mechanical different in SW between a cestus and brass knuckles; they're practically the same weapon.

Brickulos
Veteran

#5 Postby Brickulos » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:50 pm

Yeah I'd go with a Power Weapon, Power Fist: Str+d4+d6, d10 damage for a raise.

Energy weapons are specifically edged weapons.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#6 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Brickulos wrote:Yeah I'd go with a Power Weapon, Power Fist: Str+d4+d6, d10 damage for a raise.

Which is excellent for crushing people an smashing anything that doesn't have Heavy Armor.
And depending upon the setting, that may be perfect. It all depends upon the concept.

Brickulos wrote:Energy weapons are specifically edged weapons.

Not necessarily. I do agree that the phrase, "A weapon with a blade of pure energy" implies a bladed weapon, but it's not limited to edged weapons. I'll grant that it would be exceedingly difficult to do non-lethal damage with an energy weapon. 8)
Molecular Blade is definitely limited to edged weapons. Chain / Vibro Blade is almost certainly limited to edged weapons (with Blade in the name). Stun Charge is limited to blunt weapons. But Energy Weapon and Power Weapon both seem to be applicable to almost all weapon types, before invoking GM power.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”