[NE] Breakout Starting Funds

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Café Truck
Novice

[NE] Breakout Starting Funds

#1 Postby Café Truck » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:26 am

The original Necessary Evil campaign specified that each character would start with $1000, but I am not finding anything similar in Breakout. The default, then, is $500 or whatever the GM thinks is appropriate. How have you all handled the starting funds for that campaign setting? My inclination is to give the players $1,500 to start with ($1,000 in starting funds and then half again to represent gear they would have gathered between Novice and Seasoned). This is a variation on the rule of thumb in SWEE: instead of doubling their starting funds at Seasoned rank, I'm giving them 1.5x to signify that gear is harder to come by in NYCP. What do you think?

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [NE] Breakout Starting Funds

#2 Postby Clint » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:05 pm

I'd start them at $1000 ($500 base, doubled for Seasoned Rank). If a player wants something more expensive to start with, then each Hindrance point can get them another $1000 (money equal to their starting funds).
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Café Truck
Novice

Re: [NE] Breakout Starting Funds

#3 Postby Café Truck » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:56 pm

Whelp, that seems easy enough to follow. :) Thanks!

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”