[TLP] Woodsman edge & scouts

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

CatOgre
Novice

[TLP] Woodsman edge & scouts

#1 Postby CatOgre » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Hello!

I am trying to prepare the game with few characters from TLP Archetypes book. Human Scout (page 9 of Archetypes book) has Woodsman edge, but have only d6 in Tracking Skill. The same issue with TLP Core book (page 67) with Explorer character (Tracking Skill is d6), but requirements for Woodsman edge are (from SW Core book): Novice, Spirit d6+, Survival d8+, Tracking d8+. Do I miss something? What are the correct versions of the Explorer/Scout portfolios?

Thanks in advance!

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [TLP] Woodsman edge & scouts

#2 Postby Clint » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:59 pm

CatOgre wrote:I am trying to prepare the game with few characters from TLP Archetypes book. Human Scout (page 9 of Archetypes book) has Woodsman edge, but have only d6 in Tracking Skill. The same issue with TLP Core book (page 67) with Explorer character (Tracking Skill is d6), but requirements for Woodsman edge are (from SW Core book): Novice, Spirit d6+, Survival d8+, Tracking d8+. Do I miss something? What are the correct versions of the Explorer/Scout portfolios?

Took me a bit, but I'm guessing instead of "TLP Core book" the latter reference is to the Sci-Fi Companion. In which case, all of those characters are NPCs and by the core rules, they aren't built like player characters, the GM just gives them whatever they want.

On the Scout from the Archetypes though, yeah, that's off. Offhand, I'd drop Strength to d4, raise Smarts to d8, that saves a skill point spent on Survival which can be put in Tracking for a d8 there. All other stats stay the same.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

CatOgre
Novice

Re: [TLP] Woodsman edge & scouts

#3 Postby CatOgre » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:09 am

OK! Thanks! :D

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”