Attribute Penalty as Die Reduction or Subtraction

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Silmerosse
Novice

Attribute Penalty as Die Reduction or Subtraction

#1 Postby Silmerosse » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:52 pm

In the core rule book and the fantasy companion, attribute penalties for race reduce the ability die one step. In the newer scifi companion, the penalty subtracts from all rolls. Does this represent a conceptual change in the way the penalties/bonuses work for character creation, or is this only recommended for scoff settings?

I'm considering a fantasy campaign that includes a golem-like race that is large but somewhat sluggish, so I was thinking of using the scifi rules to build the race.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Attribute Penalty as Die Reduction or Subtraction

#2 Postby Clint » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Silmerosse wrote:In the core rule book and the fantasy companion, attribute penalties for race reduce the ability die one step. In the newer scifi companion, the penalty subtracts from all rolls. Does this represent a conceptual change in the way the penalties/bonuses work for character creation, or is this only recommended for scoff settings?

I'm considering a fantasy campaign that includes a golem-like race that is large but somewhat sluggish, so I was thinking of using the scifi rules to build the race.

I suggest going with the SFC if you have it as it's the most updated version.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”