If you're a player, might want not to read further...
So last session of our 50 Fathoms game ended with Duckworth's Man o' War attaching itself to Blackbeard's Man o' War... with the players taking advantage and getting close as well.
Now, with each Man o' War having about 160 sailor/mariners/zombies (along with several WC mages from Duckworth, and other WC for the several officers of both ships) I do not want to run it as a regular battle. Rather I thought of running it as Mass Battle interspersed with Personal Combat... maybe even throw in a Quick Combat if the party tries to reach Blackbeard and as they push through his zombie crew.
Some things to consider:
- Blackbeard is not listed with Know. (Battles) in his stat block and that is fitting. He is, after all, mostly rellaying on people fearing him and his zombies crew. But I think i'll give him at least a d4/d6, so it'll not bee a complete pushover. Thoughts?
- Both sides start with 5 Tokens? ==> I thinking that the zombie-effect from Blackbeard's crew is roughly equal to the experience and the Mages from Duckworth
- How do I use the Hag's Breath attack? Give Blackbeard a bonus to battle rolls (+1 or +2)? If he succeeds with at least one Raise then he takes one Bennie away from Duckworth (as Duckworth's crew becomes zombies and attack their former crew)
- What about the ships? Would either of them shoot canons while being tied together like this?
- Any other ideas are most welcome....
Thanks and cheers,