Rippers Resurrected Status

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

omnivir
Novice

Rippers Resurrected Status

#1 Postby omnivir » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:26 am

I'm reading through the rules for Status, Favors, and Scandals in Rippers Resurrected. The monthly salary, Favor cost table, and gaining favors all makes sense, but I don't see any mention of how a player can change change their Status other than taking Rich Edge, Filthy Rich Edge, or Poverty Hindrance. Are these the only ways or am i simply missing something here?

I know there is a table for Changes in Status on page 18 of the Rippers book, but I'm not seeing anything similar in the Rippers Resurrected book. Reading Status in both books, the look to use different systems as well. Rippers looks to focus on gambling status for influence or gain while Resurrected provides a base +/- depending on difference in Status level. Would the Changes in Status table in the original Rippers book still be appropriate for the different system Resurrected looks to use?

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Rippers Resurrected Status

#2 Postby Clint » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:16 pm

omnivir wrote:I'm reading through the rules for Status, Favors, and Scandals in Rippers Resurrected. The monthly salary, Favor cost table, and gaining favors all makes sense, but I don't see any mention of how a player can change change their Status other than taking Rich Edge, Filthy Rich Edge, or Poverty Hindrance. Are these the only ways or am i simply missing something here?

Also, the Noble Edge could raise it. Those are the only ways to increase Status, but it 's possible to lose a level of Status from a Scandal of 3 or higher if the character has not Favors to spend on it.

omnivir wrote:I know there is a table for Changes in Status on page 18 of the Rippers book, but I'm not seeing anything similar in the Rippers Resurrected book. Reading Status in both books, the look to use different systems as well. Rippers looks to focus on gambling status for influence or gain while Resurrected provides a base +/- depending on difference in Status level. Would the Changes in Status table in the original Rippers book still be appropriate for the different system Resurrected looks to use?

I rarely get to say this, but no, it absolutely would not work with the new system, they're completely different. The old losses of Status effectively became the Scandals which cost the characters vital Favors to make go away.

Characters rarely change Status in Victorian society, and the new system reflects that. A baron might be involved in a scandal, but he's still a baron, and a flower seller is still a flower seller regardless of her knowledge of the weather conditions on the plains of Spain. ;)
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”