[Rippers Resurrected] Fright Table Backwards?

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Superball
Novice

[Rippers Resurrected] Fright Table Backwards?

#1 Postby Superball » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:48 pm

I searched on the forum before I decided to post this, but I couldn't find an answer to my question there. But about the Fright Table? It appears to be backward. In the original Rippers book, rolling high on the Fright Table was a good thing. The higher you rolled, the better. Makes sense, as Savage Worlds is a "roll high" ruleset. The Fight Table in Resurrected basically says the higher that you roll, the worse things get for you. How does this make sense? Positive Reason gives you an ADDED bonus, which adjusts your roll higher.

I'm under the assumption that this is a huge error, and I'm pretty much going to have to re-write the Resurrected Fight Table so that it makes sense. Am I wrong? Did I miss something?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: [Rippers Resurrected] Fright Table Backwards?

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:58 pm

The Fright Table in the core rules is a High = Bad table, and always has been. Presumably, when they were doing [RR], they brought the setting specific version in line with the core rules.
This is also why Fear penalties from creatures and the current Fright Level are added to the d20 result. The scarier the place and the creature, the more likely your nerve is to truly snap.
Bonus, in [RR] you don't have to worry about having a Heart Attack and dying, like you do in the core rules. :D

Second, Reason is not added to your Fright Table results. At all. No where is that stated.
Reason provides a bonus to resist Ripping Psychosis, but that's a different thing entirely. It is in the same section, so an understandable mistake.

Finally, welcome to the forums!
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”