Super Sorcery Question

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Wiserbud
Novice

Super Sorcery Question

#1 Postby Wiserbud » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:19 pm

So I'm rather new to Savage Worlds, have played the recently released Savage Rifts and now I'm thinking of joining a friend's Supers game.

I'm very intrigued by the Super Sorcery power, but I'm not sure I understand how it works (when compared to the Arcane Background (Magic) edge.

I understand that I need the Spellcasting skill at d8, which I assume I simply put ranks in as I would any other skill.

I also understand that my spellcasting checks are at -2 unless the spell is permanently memorised.

Then each level I buy in Super Sorcery will get me a Power Point to cast any spell I want (-2 for each spell memorized).

My questions are These: Any spell? Any rank? and what's the recovery rate on the Power Points? If I have unspent power points from when I created my Super, can I use them to fuel my spells?

Please help, and thank you

Brickulos
Veteran

Re: Super Sorcery Question

#2 Postby Brickulos » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:25 pm

The levels in Super Sorcery can be used to activate any of the other powers in the book. You basically gain the ability to use any power to some degree. Each level is a point to spend. Unspent Power Points cannot be used to cast spells. The point Super Sorcery points are not expended and do not recharge. They simply act a pool that limits the power of the Spells you can cast. They can be tied up though if you cast an ongoing power like Flight, Speed or Armor.

Wiserbud
Novice

#3 Postby Wiserbud » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Ahhhhhh!

That makes sense!

Thanks!

Brickulos
Veteran

#4 Postby Brickulos » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Wiserbud wrote:Ahhhhhh!

That makes sense!

Thanks!

Your welcome. I get the confusion when I go the first edition of the Super Powers Companion, it was months before I understood those rules. It and Invent are two of the most complicated powers.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”