(SFC) Rules for ship to ship combat?

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

HawaiiSteveO
Novice

(SFC) Rules for ship to ship combat?

#1 Postby HawaiiSteveO » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Does the scifi companion have rules?

If so, what's the general idea? Vehicle rules in core book don't seem to cut it . .?

Paizo folks are releasing Starfinder later this summer, got me thinking about some good ship to ship battles. Remember the old FASA Star Trek days, lot of fun.

'Power Allocation Phase' :mrgreen:

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: (SFC) Rules for ship to ship combat?

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Ship battles are usually resolved as vehicle combats, chases, or mass battles. The situation, and dramatic goals of the GM, will dictate which rules are the best choice for the particular battle.

There are a lot of rules for space ships, their weapons, shields, travel, hangar bays, etc. But the guidance on starship to starship combat is scanty - I'm guessing that PEG felt no need to add something so setting dependent to the general toolkit that is the SFC; also, that the existing systems were more than enough to cover the issue.

It's a good book, I recommend it. I hope you enjoy it, too.
Good luck!
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”