[Rippers] Demon Hide and Zombie Skin together?

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Onyxprophet
Novice

[Rippers] Demon Hide and Zombie Skin together?

#1 Postby Onyxprophet » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:22 pm

Hey folks!

Combining Demon Hide and Zombie Skin originally seemed fine, then I looked a bit further and am a little unsure.

Demon Hide provides an Armor bonus, while Zombie Skin provides a Toughness bonus.

Mechanically, they are two different words and should be fine to stack. However, isn't Armor just Toughness subject to Armor Piercing? That would make them unstackable per Clint's "no rippertech with the same bonus".

Thematically...how is it possible for someone to have both Zombie and Demon skin? One layered over the other?

What do you guys think?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: [Rippers] Demon Hide and Zombie Skin together?

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Mechanically, it should be fine. Armor is a separate mechanic from Toughness bonuses, and the two are repeatedly shown to stack.
Fluff is a different issue, but I'm assuming they're layered together in a complex surgical process. Hence the penalties to the installation and to Reason. Of course, as the GM, you have the final call, and if you can't see it working then you can disallow it, and that is certainly part of the rules.

Good luck!
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”