Con On The Cob

The place to discuss conventions. What's coming up, what's going on, and what happened afterward.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, Evil Mike, Chaos Steve, The Moderators

Caveman
Novice

Con On The Cob

#1 Postby Caveman » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:02 pm

Howdy!

Last year at Con on the Cob the Ferris', Other Mike and myself talked about trying to coordinate our events so we could play in each others' games (to some degree at least). I saw Heather and Rich at Origins and we're all planning on going to CotC this year. I was talking with some of the other Savages as well and it sounds like there should be more of us there this year than last...

Who else is going? Who's running events? Who'd like to try and coordinate time slots?
- Dave R

"Sometimes when I look at my computer screen, I wonder - are there little demons inside drawing the letters? I don't know! I'm just a simple caveman. My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts."

Darq666
Veteran

#2 Postby Darq666 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:58 am

Dave,
Andy is looking for some folks to run Low Life: Living Low games, you may want to ping him if you're interested!

Sean Patrick Fannon
Heroic

#3 Postby Sean Patrick Fannon » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:05 am

Carinn Seabolt and I are thrilled to announce we're going to be there, as well.

And, as you might expect, I plan to run some games in this new little project I am working on...
Sean Patrick Fannon
Sean's Pick of the Day
Brand Manager, Savage Rifts

Bad Dog. Good Games.

Damian Magecraft
Seasoned

#4 Postby Damian Magecraft » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:33 pm

Sean Patrick Fannon wrote:Carinn Seabolt and I are thrilled to announce we're going to be there, as well.

And, as you might expect, I plan to run some games in this new little project I am working on...
I am looking forward to that!
As a GM I live by one hard and fast rule:
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"

Boldfist
Heroic

#5 Postby Boldfist » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:58 pm

I will be there this year!
Norm "No Relation" Hensley

amerigoV
Heroic

#6 Postby amerigoV » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:21 pm

I'll be there. I submitted two games yesterday (they have not popped up on the list yet):

Thursday Afternoon (1pm):
Clone Wars - Tour of Darkness: Madness at Trilles.

The Separatists never take Clones as prisoners. Jedi, generals, and dignitaries - yes. But Clones are just weapons and are usually executed when on the losing end of a fight. But it is clear that squads have been captured by the Clankers in the minor skirmishes that occur on Trilles.

As a member of the famed 501, your squad was left behind as part of a holding force while the fleet moved on to the main objected. Are you up to the task of finding out what the Separatist are up to?

Friday Afternoon (1pm)
Savage Lankhmar - For Whom the Bell Tolls

A simple job from the Twain themselves! Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser have a "conflicting" engagement with a pair of lovelies and are offering you Rilks for a simple extraction job. An old, built over ruin in the Plaza district supposedly has a secret hold that might actually have something of value. Just get the item and get to the Twain at the Marsh Gate in a couple of hours. Easy Rilks.
Savage Buckeye!

Saucy Wench
Novice

I'm in!

#7 Postby Saucy Wench » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:55 pm

I need to figure out what I'm running, but I intend to run at least two- maybe one Slipstream, one Supers. Maybe occult/noir or Beasts & Barbarians.

And I'm really excited to see and game with SPF and you other savages!
"Send lawyers, guns, and money." -Warren Zevon

amerigoV
Heroic

#8 Postby amerigoV » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:28 am

amerigoV wrote:I'll be there. I submitted two games yesterday (they have not popped up on the list yet):

Thursday Afternoon (1pm):
Clone Wars - Tour of Darkness: Madness at Trilles.

The Separatists never take Clones as prisoners. Jedi, generals, and dignitaries - yes. But Clones are just weapons and are usually executed when on the losing end of a fight. But it is clear that squads have been captured by the Clankers in the minor skirmishes that occur on Trilles.

As a member of the famed 501, your squad was left behind as part of a holding force while the fleet moved on to the main objected. Are you up to the task of finding out what the Separatist are up to?

Friday Afternoon (1pm)
Savage Lankhmar - For Whom the Bell Tolls

A simple job from the Twain themselves! Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser have a "conflicting" engagement with a pair of lovelies and are offering you Rilks for a simple extraction job. An old, built over ruin in the Plaza district supposedly has a secret hold that might actually have something of value. Just get the item and get to the Twain at the Marsh Gate in a couple of hours. Easy Rilks.

FYI they finally posted on the system

http://cononthecob.com/events/1028-clon ... t-trilles/
http://cononthecob.com/events/1029-lank ... ell-tolls/
Savage Buckeye!

Saucy Wench
Novice

For y'all local peeps

#9 Postby Saucy Wench » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:59 pm

I asked the fine folks at The Malted Meeple if I could take an adventure out for a spin before presenting it for real at Con on The Cob, and they said yes! Further, this might become a regular thing- Test Run Tuesdays!
So, are you a GM who wants to polish up an adventure/scenario/demo? Are you a player who doesn't mind playing a game with warts still on?
I'll be running "B-List Heroes" on Tuesday the 28th of July at 6pm, based on the Savage Worlds Roleplaying System's Super Powers Companion.

Blurb: "Being a minor superhero isn't the worst fate one could
have. You get less attention from the press, and the powerful and
malevolent aren't gunning for you or your family. And sometimes, the
heavies ask for some help. The Shadow Oracle has taken note of major shipments being handled by the criminal organization The Outfit. The plan is to strike against The Outfit's strongholds before they can complete their scheme... whatever it is."

The Malted Meeple is in Hudson, OH.
www.maltedmeeple.com
"Send lawyers, guns, and money." -Warren Zevon

Other Mike
Seasoned

#10 Postby Other Mike » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:02 pm

I plan on being there, and bringing a new friend or two. I intend to run a new Weird Wars Endor adventure, as well as a Marchland adventure.
My delusions of grandeur are way bigger than yours!

Other Mike
Seasoned

#11 Postby Other Mike » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:39 pm

I pulled together a list of all the Savage Worlds Events listed for Con on the Cob so far (as well as the events I just added). If things don't fill in more, I might toss in ETU's "Class Ring" on Friday or Saturday night. A friend of mine is talking about adding a SW TMNT event Saturday morning.

List (spread sheet) can be found here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/121 ... 02015.xlsx

With all the empty spots, I hope we get no more than three events at the same time. :-)

amerigoV
Heroic

#12 Postby amerigoV » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Other Mike wrote:I pulled together a list of all the Savage Worlds Events listed for Con on the Cob so far (as well as the events I just added). If things don't fill in more, I might toss in ETU's "Class Ring" on Friday or Saturday night. A friend of mine is talking about adding a SW TMNT event Saturday morning.

List (spread sheet) can be found here:

With all the empty spots, I hope we get no more than three events at the same time. :-)

Thanks Mike!

How close is the Tour of Endor to what I ran? I might have to sit in on it anyway :)
Savage Buckeye!

Other Mike
Seasoned

#13 Postby Other Mike » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:15 pm

amerigoV wrote:How close is the Tour of Endor to what I ran? I might have to sit in on it anyway :)

Totally new adventure (well borrowed from a friend in Buffalo)! I added the Weird Wars twist to it, using your/my pregen characters, and tweaked it a little to add a little more "horror." :-)

Love to play in your Clone Wars game, but I'll still be driving at that time.

Caveman
Novice

#14 Postby Caveman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:15 pm

Thanks for the sheet Mike, it was very helpful!

Just submitted (I have not gotten confirmation and they have not been added to the website yet):

League of Extraordinary People 80s [Friday 10/16 @ 20:00]
Save the world from a threat so big it will take the combined might of the 80s action movie heroes to save the day.

The Black Gate [Saturday 10/17 @ 09:00]
A stolen artifact and an ancient legend leads your team into the jaws of danger - can they save the day and escape with their lives? A pulp adventure using Savage Worlds.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Dave
- Dave R

"Sometimes when I look at my computer screen, I wonder - are there little demons inside drawing the letters? I don't know! I'm just a simple caveman. My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts."

Other Mike
Seasoned

#15 Postby Other Mike » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:04 pm

I'll add them to the sheet. Tim is trying to move one of his games. Krystal tells me we have until Aug 7th to get the events in.

Hmm, wonder if I can change my Weird Wars Endor event to 2:00. That gives an hour between Dave's and my game.

amerigoV
Heroic

#16 Postby amerigoV » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:34 am

I find their new registration system to be less than fun. Hard to filter on games (if I search for Savage it only comes up if Savage is in the name. If I go in to an event there are tags that you can search, but they are inconsistent - one of my games has the tags Savage and then Worlds, but the other has a single tag of Savage Worlds).
Savage Buckeye!

Other Mike
Seasoned

#17 Postby Other Mike » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:23 pm

I've updated the spreadsheet with all the Savage Worlds Games running at the Con. Still at:

amerigoV
Heroic

#18 Postby amerigoV » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:43 pm

It looks to me that the whomever put in the schedule (I believe Andy's wife) somehow was on Central Time. Everything is one hour later.
Savage Buckeye!

Yuri
Veteran

#19 Postby Yuri » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:59 am

Looks like I've got to get my game up and ready to run... It won't make the schedule, but I'll share it with y'all

I'm playtesting it this week... so I should have more information about it soon

Y
I think we're property - Charles Fort

amerigoV
Heroic

#20 Postby amerigoV » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:56 pm

amerigoV wrote:It looks to me that the whomever put in the schedule (I believe Andy's wife) somehow was on Central Time. Everything is one hour later.

FYI from the Cobbers: Update: There was a system update that messed with all of the times (most moved an hour back). The only ones not changed were the games I had input after the update. Today I manually went through all of the games and reset all of the times - so they should all match now
Savage Buckeye!

Return to “The Con Suite”