[DETROIT, MICH.] MichiCon 2015

The place to discuss conventions. What's coming up, what's going on, and what happened afterward.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, Evil Mike, Chaos Steve, The Moderators

Lustvig
Novice

[DETROIT, MICH.] MichiCon 2015

#1 Postby Lustvig » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:49 pm

MichiCon, one of the nation's longest-running gaming conventions returns Aug. 8, 2015, to the campus of Oakland University, Rochester Hills, Mich. (a suburb of Detroit) courtesy of Metro Detroit Gamers (MDG).

With numerous board, train, card, miniature, card, and roleplaying games, there is something for everyone! MDG has run great cons since 1972, having been a premier con where Dungeons & Dragons adventures such as Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth were playtested! Today, many local game designers use our friendly con as a place to showcase their talent. There's a lot of history here, and you're welcome to write the next chapter!

If you've never attended a gaming convention, this small, family-friendly event is the perfect place to start playing some great games and making new friends!

If you're an experienced gamer, try something new! If you have played one type of game or one particular game, we encourage you to try the amazing games on the market today!

• Pay one price, play anything all day. For $10, it's a lot of entertainment at little cost.
• Gamemasters get free admission if their game runs. (Event submission due 7/25).
• Door prizes, raffles, and vendors.
• Clean, comfortable, modern venue.
• Meet local game designers (such as Tri Tac Games), new designers looking to playtest, authors and artists of all kinds, and gaming clubs (Pathfinder Society, Puffing Billy, our wargaming friends from ProOrCon, Great Lakes D&D Adventurers League, Savage Worlds, and Steve Jackson demo teams).

For more information, see http://www.metrodetroitgamers.wordpress.com

Be sure and connect with us on Facebook for the latest updates!
Last edited by Lustvig on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contributing author, “D6 Adventure Locations” and “D6 Fantasy Creatures”; copy editor “Darwin's World 2nd edition”; RPG Director for Metro Detroit Gamers 2007-2010; Founder of Western Area Role Players in 1987 at Western Michigan University.

Other Mike
Seasoned

#2 Postby Other Mike » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:34 pm

Almost joined you this year, but I'll be hitting Michigan on Sunday, due to my daughter attending an event at RIT on Friday and Saturday. :-( Ah well.

Wondering why this went to a 1 day event. That's the main reason I didn't go last year. The drive is a bit much for one day of gaming, even though I have friends in the area. My friends and family tour of Michigan last summer, was over 4th of July week, so, vacation was limited.
My delusions of grandeur are way bigger than yours!

Lustvig
Novice

#3 Postby Lustvig » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:08 pm

Good grief, sorry about all the typos. That was embarrassing!
Contributing author, “D6 Adventure Locations” and “D6 Fantasy Creatures”; copy editor “Darwin's World 2nd edition”; RPG Director for Metro Detroit Gamers 2007-2010; Founder of Western Area Role Players in 1987 at Western Michigan University.

Lustvig
Novice

#4 Postby Lustvig » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:11 pm

Other Mike wrote:Almost joined you this year, but I'll be hitting Michigan on Sunday, due to my daughter attending an event at RIT on Friday and Saturday. :-( Ah well.

Wondering why this went to a 1 day event. That's the main reason I didn't go last year. The drive is a bit much for one day of gaming, even though I have friends in the area. My friends and family tour of Michigan last summer, was over 4th of July week, so, vacation was limited.

Well, thanks for attending in the past! We're glad you enjoyed it. Honestly, I'm not sure why the directors made the decision to go to one day - it could do with rising costs. I've argued for some time that $10 to play all day is a tad low, even for a small con.

I'm a volunteer and former RPG director, so I will confer with them and mention it. Please comment on our Facebook and get others to do so as well.

kennethFono
Novice

DETROIT MICH MichiCon 2015

#5 Postby kennethFono » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:03 am

This is all about 8-10 miles north of downtown detroit.

Beverly Hills is actually a very affluent white suburb. Funny name tho.

Return to “The Con Suite”