Fearsome Critters at Necronomicon 2015 (Tampa, FL)

The place to discuss conventions. What's coming up, what's going on, and what happened afterward.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, Evil Mike, Chaos Steve, The Moderators

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

Fearsome Critters at Necronomicon 2015 (Tampa, FL)

#1 Postby Jordan Peacock » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:29 pm

At Necronomicon 2015, in Tampa, Florida, on October 9th and 10th (Saturday and Sunday), I'll be running a couple of Savage Worlds scenarios using material from John Beattie's "Fearsome Critters" setting (Fabled Environments).

Friday, our Special Animal Control team takes on the Exotic Pet Fight Arena! Back in the '90s, numerous popular franchises of video games, cartoons, etc., made popular the idea of finding rare specimens of cryptozoology, beating them up, then making them your pet and ... forcing it to beat up OTHER kids' pets. Well, the nasty truth of the matter is that it wasn't all just video games and cartoons -- the fights are real, and it's the job of the Special Animal Control team to take on an illegal arena at a stalled construction site in North Sandalwood. It remains to be seen whether a few restraint poles and tranq darts are going to be enough to deal with the battle-crazed little beasties.

Saturday, our Special Animal Control team investigates a tip-off about a locally-based stage magician with an occult reputation. Could it be that he's keeping illegally-imported exotic creatures in his house, for use in his acts? As usual, our under-paid, under-equipped (and unarmed) public employee team is being sent to deal with the unknown.

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

#2 Postby Jordan Peacock » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:48 pm

As a teaser, I thought I'd share a few minis I speed-painted up for one of the Fearsome Critters scenarios. (And, no, this particular adventure shouldn't be considered "canon," if that matters at all.)

An illegal "monster trainer" and his poor, abused pets, forced to fight in vicious exotic pet fight arena matches!

Return to “The Con Suite”