CogCon, April 22-24

The place to discuss conventions. What's coming up, what's going on, and what happened afterward.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, Evil Mike, Chaos Steve, The Moderators

Xarchiangku
Novice

CogCon, April 22-24

#1 Postby Xarchiangku » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:19 pm

This is a neat Con down in Rolla, MO. In the long ago past, it was heavy in L5R, and I used to go and run some Palladium games. Now it's mostly Pathfinder, but I'm thinking about bringing in a little Savage goodness.

My game would be the only Savage Worlds game at the con, most likely. What setting would you choose to use as an intro. I'm thinking not anything fantasy. If everyone there was playing Pathfinder, then what's the draw to a different system? In needs to be different to stand out.

Right now, I'm considering one of the following for a four hour slot:
ETU
Rippers Resurrected
Pirates of the Spanish Main
Darwin's World, or something of my own devising using the Science Fiction Companion.

I know that Deadlands Reloaded is a very popular choice, and I own the Player's Guide and Marshall's handbook, but I'm not very familiar with it yet. I do have some time to prep, though.

Thoughts?

Xarchiangku
Novice

Re: CogCon, April 22-24

#2 Postby Xarchiangku » Tue May 24, 2016 5:36 pm

By the way, it seems like Pathfinder con attendees have very little interest in playing anything besides Pathfinder--at least at this con. Even in absence of anything else going on for them in a time slot... :?

Jolly
Novice

Re: CogCon, April 22-24

#3 Postby Jolly » Wed May 25, 2016 8:39 am

I would go Ripper Resurrected or ETU, horror sells.

But if the attendees are reluctant to play anything not pathfinderish, try Lankhmar or 50 Fathoms. Or, get really craycray and do The Last Parsec! 0X

Return to “The Con Suite”