No Love for Origins 2016

The place to discuss conventions. What's coming up, what's going on, and what happened afterward.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, Evil Mike, Chaos Steve, The Moderators

DragonlairdGaming
Novice

No Love for Origins 2016

#1 Postby DragonlairdGaming » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:46 pm

While I wish Evil Mike and Chaos Steve continued enjoyment in their retirement from being "the Con Guys" (a moniker that almost got them arrested in Vegas), I wish there was more savage presence at Origins (my home town con and still fairly big).

There are two events called "Savage Saturday Night" in the events grid but neither appear accessible in the online registration (which opened today at 1pm EDT). Anyone involved or aware of the situation? Were they cancelled after the event list was released but before now?

Thanks!
Game on, savagely!
Jim
--
Jim Davenport
Savage Characters, Volume 1 available on DriveThruRPG.com
www.DragonlairdGaming.com

amerigoV
Heroic

Re: No Love for Origins 2016

#2 Postby amerigoV » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:56 am

For me I meant to add some games and never got around to it :(.

Might have to do a few things off the grid (including SSN - I don't think I signed up for the other game or two that was available).
Savage Buckeye!

The GIT!
Heroic

#3 Postby The GIT! » Wed May 25, 2016 1:24 pm

I never actually saw the Savage Saturday Night in the events grid :( I thought Pinnacle had cancelled SSN for Origins and GenCon because the event had become too big to manage.

Damian Magecraft
Seasoned

#4 Postby Damian Magecraft » Wed May 25, 2016 6:21 pm

Seeing as Origins has to be a day trip for me (somewhat localish) I will have to wait until I get there to see what if anything is going on Savage Worlds wise.
As a GM I live by one hard and fast rule:
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"

Forged Goo
Novice

#5 Postby Forged Goo » Thu May 26, 2016 9:37 pm

My pulp game "Return of the Madcap Mercenaries" has some tix left. It's over-the-top pulp heroes fighting Nazis with robots or Nazi robots or you know, something like that.

Come on ya bumz, youz gotta luv it...

Forged Goo

DragonlairdGaming
Novice

#6 Postby DragonlairdGaming » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:42 am

Mad Cap Mercenaries rocked and I was very pleased to be able to grab a seat at the table.

Overall, I thought Origins really rebounded this year in general. The vendors hall was full and ran into the huge miniatures/board games hall. That big hall was crowded Saturday and if you can't find an open table in a space that big, that's saying something. Games on Demand apparently reached new heights as the line formed an hour before start time to get in on some Indie game action.

I will say that I missed the presence of the Savage Worlds contingent. We checked out Clint's tables and did some damage at Studio 2 Publishing. Mad Cap was the only SW game I got in on.

Aside from the light Savage presence, it was one of my more enjoyable cons, mostly due to the crowds and enthusiasm.
--

Jim Davenport

Savage Characters, Volume 1 available on DriveThruRPG.com

www.DragonlairdGaming.com

amerigoV
Heroic

#7 Postby amerigoV » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:54 am

Forged Goo wrote:My pulp game "Return of the Madcap Mercenaries" has some tix left. It's over-the-top pulp heroes fighting Nazis with robots or Nazi robots or you know, something like that.

Come on ya bumz, youz gotta luv it...

Forged Goo

Two thumbs up for that game! - I had a great time (I ran Percy, the Weird Scientist)
Savage Buckeye!

Forged Goo
Novice

#8 Postby Forged Goo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:15 pm

I had a blast running Madcap Mercenaries. You guys really got in the spirit of the game and made it exceptionally fun. Thank you for playing.

If anyone is going to be at Gen Con I am running a different kind of game - A Funkytown Mystery: Jingles All the Way.

It is not pulp but the same sort of spirit behind the game. It is currently full but generics could work, especially 9am on Thursday. If you can't get in at least stop by and say hello.

Hope to see you at Gen Con (if not I may be running a Funkytown game at Con on the Cob)

Forged Goo

Return to “The Con Suite”