Continuum Leicester, 12-15th August UK

The place to discuss conventions. What's coming up, what's going on, and what happened afterward.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, Evil Mike, Chaos Steve, The Moderators

zackspacks
Novice

Continuum Leicester, 12-15th August UK

#1 Postby zackspacks » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi All
Crikey - not a lot of UK stuff on here, hope this is okay to post here?

Thought I would post my Savage games up for the biannual con, Continuum in Leicester this year. This will be my fourth appearance at the con, and I have ran some Savage every time.

Below are my Savage games for the con:

Hope to meet up with some forum members there!
Cheers all
Paul

PS: Apologies, as I have had to break up the post as it would not post as one document, I kept getting an error message about my post not being in English :lol:
Last edited by zackspacks on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zackspacks
Novice

Re: Continuum Leicester, 12-15th August UK

#2 Postby zackspacks » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Slot 2: Friday Night
Title: Break On Through (To The Other Side)
System: Savage Worlds-Mutant Chronicles
GM: Paul Lawrence
Time: 4 hours
[5 players]

‘Science Fiction meets Wuxia style Gun Kata in a battle of Good vs Evil’
(An introductory scenario to the futuristic Dieselpunk Setting of Mutant Chronicles. No setting knowledge required)

The planet Mercury, has a network of underground cities, inhabited by the citizens of the Mishima Megacorporation. The planet is proliferated with Mishima controlled mines, which provide a huge source of income for the megacorp. Today started with an earthquake growing in force over several minutes, before finally a huge decaying spire pierced one of the underground motorways, tossing cars and trucks around like rag dolls. A portal on the spire opened releasing the stench of decay, and spewed out the forces of the dreaded Dark Legion, beings from a dark dimension. Their aim: corrupt or destroy the living.

The fate of the world rests on the courage of five disgraced Samurai…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slot 3: Saturday morning
Title:Horror On The Trans-Atlantic Express
System: Realms Of Cthulhu – Steampunk
Time: 3 hours
[6 players]

The inaugural journey upon Isambard Kingdom Brunel’s greatest achievement, the Trans-Atlantic Railway Crossing, was supposed to be one of great joy. Yet tragedy has befallen many of high society’s elite, bizarrely murdered by an unknown assassin. The train stops mid-ocean at the Atlantic Station. Fear not though, for help Is now on hand, via dirigible, in the shape of those fearless fighters of the rum, uncanny and inexplicable: The Union Of Superlative Heroes !
Starring:
Marquis Le Bat
Gentleman Mint
Empress Amazonia
Duchesse La Bat
Lord Wolverton
Flatiron Knight

A Realms Of Cthulhu Steampunk Scenario, no system knowledge required.
Last edited by zackspacks on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zackspacks
Novice

Re: Continuum Leicester, 12-15th August UK

#3 Postby zackspacks » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Slot 4: Saturday afternoon
Title: Blondie: Call Me
System: Realms Of Cthulhu
Time: 4 hours
[6 players]

The year is 1985. You are members of Her Majesty’s Extra-Secret Service ( a.k.a. ‘The Laundry’) , Workgroup Codename ‘Blondie’, whose job remit is to investigate any discoveries of the Turing Theorem, and suppress them ( in accordance with BS 5750 ).

A Gate has opened up opposite Woolworths, and you are called out to remove the problem, and find the culprit responsible. Put that can of Quatro down, and scramble into your Xr3is.

Game Notes :
[1] Contains background elements as detailed in Charles Stross ‘Laundry’ novels, although no prior reading is necessary.
[2] The pop group ‘Blondie’ does not exist in this alternate reality, however, everything else, is ‘our’ 1980’s.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slot 8: Sunday evening
Title: Tales of the Uncanny Rum
System: Savage Worlds Lankhmar
Players: 4
Length - 3 hours

Lankhmar, City Of Thieves; and last night your group butchered some of their number. Not clever, as ‘City Of Thieves’ implies they may have a Guild. They do, it’s huge, and now there is a large bounty on your heads.

Last night, your group were out on a Rum Tour in the shady area known as the Plaza Of Dark Delights. You seem to remember rolling home without any incident. Time to find out the truth, before the bounty hunters find you.

You could drink a murder...

Return to “The Con Suite”