[SPC2] Switchable Minions

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

MadScientist1023
Novice

[SPC2] Switchable Minions

#1 Postby MadScientist1023 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:22 am

Hey Clint,

Here's a complicated one for you. Let's say you want to play a super with a few switchable minions. The trapping is that they are magical beings. When it's time for battle, they turn into weapons the main character uses. From your past post on switchable sidekicks, I think this would be allowed. I have two questions regarding how this would work:

1. If a minion dies, would you lose access to the power they switch with? Or could the minion spend 1d6 days "recovering" as the item until a minion would normally be replaced?

2. How would experience work like that? Does a switchable minion or sidekick gain experience normally?

Thanks

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [SPC2] Switchable Minions

#2 Postby Clint » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:48 pm

MadScientist1023 wrote:Here's a complicated one for you. Let's say you want to play a super with a few switchable minions. The trapping is that they are magical beings. When it's time for battle, they turn into weapons the main character uses. From your past post on switchable sidekicks, I think this would be allowed. I have two questions regarding how this would work:

1. If a minion dies, would you lose access to the power they switch with? Or could the minion spend 1d6 days "recovering" as the item until a minion would normally be replaced?

Switchable is effectively one power with multiple uses. Losing access to one use means losing access to all uses. So if a minion "dies," then any weapon they could become effectively "dies" as well.

Variety of ways it could be adjusted for specific trappings, but that's the baseline.

MadScientist1023 wrote:2. How would experience work like that? Does a switchable minion or sidekick gain experience normally?

Minions would gain experience as any Allies per the core rules, meaning, "At the end of a game session in which the allies had a significant role,(usually by participating
in combat)." If the typical use is to specifically switch from the Minion power to another for battles, then it's unlikely the Minions will see much advancement.

[Sidekicks gain experience differently as noted in the power description.]

Hope that helps.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”