[SR] Summon Ally and Force Multiplication

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Ndreare
Veteran

[SR] Summon Ally and Force Multiplication

#1 Postby Ndreare » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:44 pm

A character with Summon Ally at legendary can summon five Experienced Soldiers for 7 power points. When using Force Multiplication which of the following is correct?

1: The character summons a single Experienced Soldier at 3 power points and pays +2 per additional soldier. So for 15 power points he has 7 soldiers.

2 The character summons five Experienced Soldiers at 7 power points and pays +2 per additional soldier. So for 15 power points he has 11 soldiers.

3 The character summons five Experienced Soldiers at 7 power points and pays +2 per additional five soldiers. So for 15 power points he has 25 soldiers.

I am inclined to think #2 is correct, but want to be sure as I am designing a villain.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [SR] Summon Ally and Force Multiplication

#2 Postby Clint » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:41 am

Ndreare wrote:A character with Summon Ally at legendary can summon five Experienced Soldiers for 7 power points. When using Force Multiplication which of the following is correct?

1: The character summons a single Experienced Soldier at 3 power points and pays +2 per additional soldier. So for 15 power points he has 7 soldiers.

2 The character summons five Experienced Soldiers at 7 power points and pays +2 per additional soldier. So for 15 power points he has 11 soldiers.

3 The character summons five Experienced Soldiers at 7 power points and pays +2 per additional five soldiers. So for 15 power points he has 25 soldiers.

I am inclined to think #2 is correct, but want to be sure as I am designing a villain.

You would be correct. Each +2 points grants an additional ally of the same type, so spending 7 PPs at Legendary for 5 Novice level allies grants an additional Novice ally for each added +2 PPs beyond the base 7.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”