[DLR] - Teleport in moonlight

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

lunchmoney
Novice

[DLR] - Teleport in moonlight

#1 Postby lunchmoney » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:07 am

In my DLR game my huckster player has asked about the teleport trappings and whether moonlight can be used if the standard trappings are applied.

I havn't got the books to hand, so I'm paraphrasing from memory:
Teleport huckster trappings - the huckster needs a sizeable shadow to move in and out of.
Lighting conditions in SWD - dim, -1 to hit, torch light, moonlight etc. Dark, -2 to hit, very dark, no moon etc.

I said that moonlight might not give a sizeable shadow, but would basically rule a case by case basis if he takes the power and uses it at night.

My question is; was that about right? I know I can, as Marshall, rule however I see fit, but would like to know if I was right or not :)

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [DLR] - Teleport in moonlight

#2 Postby Clint » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:28 am

lunchmoney wrote:In my DLR game my huckster player has asked about the teleport trappings and whether moonlight can be used if the standard trappings are applied.

I havn't got the books to hand, so I'm paraphrasing from memory:
Teleport huckster trappings - the huckster needs a sizeable shadow to move in and out of.
Lighting conditions in SWD - dim, -1 to hit, torch light, moonlight etc. Dark, -2 to hit, very dark, no moon etc.

I said that moonlight might not give a sizeable shadow, but would basically rule a case by case basis if he takes the power and uses it at night.

My question is; was that about right? I know I can, as Marshall, rule however I see fit, but would like to know if I was right or not :)

Yep...as the Marshal you can rule however you see fit. ;)

Thing is, I'm not exactly following the question which may be due to working from memory. Per the trappings description, the huckster "may teleport
freely in the dark."

So at night, there is little limitation on the power. Bright moonlight might restrict it, but yeah, that would be situational and determined case by case.

Hope that helps.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”