[SR] Power Armor and Magic/Psychic Restriction

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Corwin
Novice

[SR] Power Armor and Magic/Psychic Restriction

#1 Postby Corwin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:59 am

I was hoping for clarification on: "Wearing power armor makes using magic and psionics impossible, due primarily to the caster’s inability to connect with anything outside the suit in a spiritually meaningful way."

Sounds very all encompassing. So I'm assuming that even includes powers that are entirely internal in nature? Such as a psionic triggering Boost Trait on one's self. Or Warriors Way to give themselves a combat edge. If the armor is interfering in such a way that it cuts off the wearer from the supernatural, wouldn't/shouldn't the wearer have the same benefit toward incoming harmful powers as well? I'm curious as to how it applies to the world narratively in a way that helps me make sense of it.

Also, does this include AB: Weird Science gadgets (not TW devices)? Such items have their own PPE. So I'm going to guess that they would be usable since the device is actually triggering the power, not the wielder of the item?

[EDIT: Ha! I'd forgotten all about asking you my part 2 way back. Sorry about that. Guess I'm still trying to get my head around the way its supposed to work, and why.]
Last edited by Corwin on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [SR] Power Armor and Magic/Psychic Restriction

#2 Postby Clint » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:12 am

Corwin wrote:I was hoping for clarification on: "Wearing power armor makes using magic and psionics impossible, due primarily to the caster’s inability to connect with anything outside the suit in a spiritually meaningful way."

Sounds very all encompassing. So I'm assuming that even includes powers that are entirely internal in nature? Such as a psionic triggering Boost Trait on one's self. Or Warriors Way to give themselves a combat edge. If the armor is interfering in such a way that it cuts off the wearer from the supernatural, wouldn't/shouldn't the wearer have the same benefit toward incoming harmful powers as well? I'm curious as to how it applies to the world narratively in a way that helps me make sense of it.

It doesn't cut the wearer off from the supernatural, it makes it impossible for them to connect to it in order to use it. Any caster/psi outside of the suit can connect just fine and use their powers normally.

Maybe think of it like being in a car with a desk lamp you can't plug in. Someone outside can plug in their desk lamp and shine the light through your windshield no problem.

Corwin wrote:Also, does this include AB: Weird Science gadgets (not TW devices)? Such items have their own PPE. So I'm going to guess that they would be usable since the device is actually triggering the power, not the wielder of the item?

See here...

viewtopic.php?p=459232#p459232

Hope that helps.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”