HoE:R Templar Gear page 86

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

hexslinger
Novice

HoE:R Templar Gear page 86

#1 Postby hexslinger » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:54 am

I have a question about the Templar's sword. It says on page 86: "When wielded by its owner, the blade can hurt creatures typically immune to normal weapons (except servitors)." Does this mean the sword only counts as a magic weapon, as some creatures are not affected by normal weapons, or does it mean it allows the Templar to bypass a creature's Invulnerability? Specifically, my group is fighting nosferatu and I'm trying to determine if a Templar's sword will actually wound a nosferatu or merely Shake it at best?

Jounichi
Legendary

Re: HoE:R Templar Gear page 86

#2 Postby Jounichi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:06 pm

I would say so. The special rules of the Arcane Background should bypass the normal rules of play, so the sword should be able to wound creatures with the Ethereal and Invulnerability qualities; just not the Serivitors.
"Rush not in to fights. Long is the war. Only by surviving it, will you prevail." -Yoda
"Wise man once say, 'forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.'" -Michelangelo

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: HoE:R Templar Gear page 86

#3 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:09 pm

hexslinger wrote:I have a question about the Templar's sword. It says on page 86: "When wielded by its owner, the blade can hurt creatures typically immune to normal weapons (except servitors)." Does this mean the sword only counts as a magic weapon, as some creatures are not affected by normal weapons, or does it mean it allows the Templar to bypass a creature's Invulnerability? Specifically, my group is fighting nosferatu and I'm trying to determine if a Templar's sword will actually wound a nosferatu or merely Shake it at best?

Counts as a magic weapon. Things that can be harmed by magical weapons can be slain by a Templar's sword.

Nosferatu invulnerability says, "can be Shaken by normal weapons...," which tells me that unusual weapons, such as magical weapons, can kill them. If the posse doesn't have magic then they can rely upon heart shots or sunlight.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”