Librarians and Bibliopathy

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

One_Hand_Clapping
Novice

Librarians and Bibliopathy

#1 Postby One_Hand_Clapping » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:35 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm new to these forums. I apologize if this has already been asked. I couldn't find the answer.

My question is regarding the Librarians in Hell on Earth Reloaded. One of my favorite aspects of the original Librarians from HOE was their Bibliopathy spell, which let them take on fictional personas. I was hoping that ability was converted into Savage Worlds, but I didn't see it in the HOE Companion.

Was Bibliopathy left out, or am I blind and just not seeing it? The librarian material in Epitaph #4 has a greater reward that references increasing that time one can safely stay in character. This implies that the Librarians are supposed to still have that ability.

If Binliopathy hasn't been directly converted to Savage Worlds, then is there a Power that achieves the same effect? Or does someone have home-brewed version?

Thanks in advance

Brickulos
Veteran

Re: Librarians and Bibliopathy

#2 Postby Brickulos » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:58 pm

You could use a trapping for boost trait or warriors gift.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#3 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:58 pm

Howdy.

Bibliopathy did not get directly translated into Hell On Earth: Reloaded, but it can be simulated with the boost/lower Trait and warrior's gift powers. Boost Trait to improve the Librarian's skills and attributes to emulate the specific fictional character, and warrior's gift can provide relevant combat edges for the more martial characters. You can make the individual trappings of both powers "assuming the aspect of a literary character," possibly with some alteration of PP costs if it also gives a Hindrance appropriate to the character. Bam, you've restored bibliopathy!

There are a couple of house ruled powers, though I wasn't impressed by any of them. Certainly not enough to retain links to them after two computer changes. :lol:

Good luck! I hope that helped some.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#4 Postby Sitting Duck » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:26 am

Brickulos wrote:You could use a trapping for boost trait or warriors gift.

There are other possibilities as well. For instance, a trapping for puppet (assuming that's a Librarian power) could be that you're mimicking Svengali.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#5 Postby ValhallaGH » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:31 am

No puppet for Bookworms.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

One_Hand_Clapping
Novice