errata?

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Dr. Schwartzwald
Novice

errata?

#1 Postby Dr. Schwartzwald » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:04 am

Are there errata files for deadlands products? Accordibg to so.ethibg i saw there was some eratta that said a regukar ghost rock reactor should produce 80 points of GR, not 20.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: errata?

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:44 am

Deadlands Classic errata is found in the accumulated rulings (various listserv answers, and such). The best archive I found was this one.

As for your specific point:
Junkers: Collectors

Q) I've always had a problem with the Gr output of collectors being a bit too low. Now that there are so many devices with huge drains despite being relatively innocuous (7 drain/hour for the joystick for a remote droid?) available, I've decided that in my campaign, at least, ghost rock will release 5 Gr and ounce, or 80 Gr a pound. This'll make the math earlier, let people burn ghost rock scraps, and just make life easier for everybody. - ?

A) Both Drain and component costs have gone up under the new system. I considered upping the GR per pound, but I left it the same to keep things expensive. Unlike all the other special character types, junkers are the only ones who can create permanent objects, we didn't want the posse to turn into a walking swap meet. 5 Gr an ounce does make the math a lot easier though, and it's not a huge jump in power. I'll have to give this one some thought and see what kind of feedback we get, but more than likely, that'll become the new rule. [John Hopler, HoE listserv, 6/2/99]

Suggestion: make sure to put "Classic" in your thread titles, so people know which rules you're talking about.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Dr. Schwartzwald
Novice

#3 Postby Dr. Schwartzwald » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:51 pm

thanks. Man this board seems dead. Did i get into deadlands too late? Btw i'm a little disappoibted tbe comlany didn't create an official eratta pdg. Most do.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#4 Postby ValhallaGH » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Yeah, this sub-forum is pretty quiet most of the time. The last Deadlands: Hell On Earth (Classic) book was published in 2000. Since then, there have been one or two near-collapses of the publishing company. The fact that you can still get in touch with them and talk about it is kind of impressive.

They've continued to support the setting by a) selling pdf of the Classic books and b) continuing the story in the Hell On Earth: Reloaded line. The last release for Reloaded was the Companion and The Worm's Turn (2014).
The Accumulated Rulings are all the latest errata available, with "official errata" getting printed in the various "Gremlins" sections of the assorted Deadlands books (Weird, Wasted, and Way Out). So while errata got printed, the accumulated rulings are the fan-archives of the discussions where the questions were actually answered. Since someone already did that, PEG just pointed folks towards it (with thanks) and got on with making games.

If you can't find your question answered in the rulings, you can try asking in the Official Answers on How the Rules Work In Other Pinnacle Products thread.

Clint
Site Admin

#5 Postby Clint » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:05 am

ValhallaGH wrote:If you can't find your question answered in the rulings, you can try asking in the Official Answers on How the Rules Work In Other Pinnacle Products thread.

Eh, that's in the Savage Worlds section of the forums for a reason as that's the current system and line. It'd be really confusing to mix up Reloaded and Classic system questions and don't really want to do that to anyone.

For Classic system questions, this really is the right place since it allows for support from other fans who do know to point to things like the Accumulated Rulings (thanks for that!) and other places errata exists.

And if it's not in either of those places (and I haven't caught the thread myself), just shoot me a PM with a link to the thread, and I'll see what I can do. :)
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Clint
Site Admin

#6 Postby Clint » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:22 am

Dr. Schwartzwald wrote:Are there errata files for deadlands products? Accordibg to so.ethibg i saw there was some eratta that said a regukar ghost rock reactor should produce 80 points of GR, not 20.

Yep. The Accumulated Rulings linked above actually have a copy of the errata for The Junkman Cometh (the Junker book) which was printed in the back of the Cyborgs book. The relevant part being...

"Page 37: The new device system has increased the Drain of many devices. To help junkers out the power output of a conventional G-Ray collector should be increased to 80 GR/pound. This works out to an even 16 GR per ounce, allowing junkers to burn whatever small scraps of ghost rock they can get their hands on without killing themselves with the math."

Of course, every good Junker knows Atomic G-Ray Collectors are the way to go. ;)

Here's the full listed errata for The Junkman Cometh just to save time searching for it...

Gremlins love gizmos and a few of them managed to worm their way into The Junkman Cometh. Most of these were spotted by diligent readers on the listserv. Here are the corrections and a few clarifications.
*) Associated Spirits: There are a few spots in which there is a conflict between the associated powers listed for a browser spirit and associated spirit listed in the power's description. Where conflicts exist, use the listing in the power description.
*) Non-existent powers: This was a fairly complex book, and many of the powers were changed and/or renamed numerous times. We thought we had kept up with all the changes, but we missed a few. Ignore references to the flow, reinforce, and rotor powers. These were cut (although they may appear in later updates). Any mention of the flight power actually refers to the VTOL power.
*) Ammo Instability: Since ammo is created in batches, it also makes instability checks in batches. Just roll for the batch the first time a bullet from it is fired each day. If it becomes unstable, the effect applies to the entire batch.
*) Page 37: The new device system has increased the Drain of many devices. To help junkers out the power output of a conventional G-Ray collector should be increased to 80 GR/pound. This works out to an even 16 GR per ounce, allowing junkers to burn whatever small scraps of ghost rock they can get their hands on without killing themselves with the math.
*) Page 45: Familiars are not the size of a cello case. The Frame size of 4 listed for familiars is incorrect. They have a frame size of 2. Just to clarify things, familiars don't need the agility power, just the sensor power to see, and locomotion or VTOL to move. Unlike most devices, the tech spirit in the device does the rest.
*) Page 81: the powerplant sizes for the locomotion power are too large. Ten percent should be subtracted from each of the listed powerplant sizes.
Clint Black

Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Dr. Schwartzwald
Novice

#7 Postby Dr. Schwartzwald » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:14 pm

thanks for all tbe help. I sill wish i could find some answers about junkers makibg regular, normal, non spirit powered mundane stuff. Also are some junker made devices immune to ibstability? I mean, lazlo huber gave a templar a super energy sword abd i don't know if tge templar has to roll ibstability for it coz if he did he wouldn't use it very long. Likewise if you're a chamber initiate and get you magic decoder staff does it have to roll for instability?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#8 Postby ValhallaGH » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:50 pm

Junkers can make regular stuff as well as anyone else can. And just like anyone else, they need actual parts, tools, and time to make regular equipment. A junker can turn out knock-off HI assault rifles as easily as any other tech-savvy waster can (which ain't any kind of easy).
What Junkers normally do is take bits of junk, scrap, or trash, assemble it into the general shape of a real object, and summon a technology spirit to make it work as desired. That relates to manufacturing mundane equipment the way taxidermy relates to internal medicine - there's some overlap, but not enough to risk your life on if you have a choice.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”