[HoE: R] [Worms Turn] Problem with A Black River... Savage Tale?

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Khulmani
Novice

[HoE: R] [Worms Turn] Problem with A Black River... Savage Tale?

#1 Postby Khulmani » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:07 am

I was reading a Savage Tale called A Black River Runs Through it (from The Worms Turn), and I believe there's a problem with story-line. Specifically, the motivation of the patron NPC seems to be out of continuity, or at least out of the proper timeline (taking Lost Colony into account).

Or maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, I'll be grateful if someone can make some clarifications.
"Para venir a Cartagena es necesario que el rey de Inglaterra construya otra escuadra mayor, porque ésta sólo ha quedado para conducir carbón de Irlanda a Londres." -Blas de Lezo y Olavarrieta

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: [HoE: R] [Worms Turn] Problem with A Black River... Savage Tale?

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:57 am

[Spoilers for Deadlands. Go AWAY.]

Ignore the wife part - easy for a writer to overlook the Lost Colony fact (or for the writer to be aware of Meta-plot changes from the [hopefully still in progress] Lost Colony: Reloaded). Focus on the "build himself a new body to make her happier," part.
Alternately, change the patron to someone else, who wants the tech for a different reason. Someone looking to cure all Grundys (for real or for fake) would be nicely tragic for a heroic posse to help out.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

El Diablo
Seasoned

Re: [HoE: R] [Worms Turn] Problem with A Black River... Savage Tale?

#3 Postby El Diablo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:56 am

Or consider that he suffer memory problems after trying to hack Denver H.I.... and just return to his old life long quest, forgetting that he alreary succeed (ok, with an uninvited guest but that's another problem) at a very high cost.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”