Random Encounters: NPC group vs group (Info Request)

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Loveless2013
Novice

Random Encounters: NPC group vs group (Info Request)

#1 Postby Loveless2013 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Greetings,

Some time ago (years perhaps) I came across a handy little random encounter list. It had rolls for group-vs-group encounters, included why they were in conflict, and the basic idea a general battleground - so to speak. A quick and easy example would be raiders vs road orcs. Now, the (probably incorrect) memory seems to be that this was a Deadlands sourcebook - perhaps first gen. I can't remember, however, what book it was in (if it was even deadlands). If this exists, where can I find it? I'd absolutely love to use it to spice up my players' travels. If it does not exist (read: I imagined it) then does anyone have a good system for doing this, beyond just rolling twice on the regular encounter table?

Thanks in advance,

Loveless.

StalkThis
Novice

Re: Random Encounters: NPC group vs group (Info Request)

#2 Postby StalkThis » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:25 pm

I don't know the table you are looking for, but the HOER Companion has an expanded adventure generator that gets into a little more depth. Have you checked that out?

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”