[HOE] Servitor List (Spoilers, obvi)

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

StalkThis
Novice

[HOE] Servitor List (Spoilers, obvi)

#1 Postby StalkThis » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Hey! Putting together a list of Servitors. Wasted West claims there are probably a dozen apiece, and obviously some of those are intended to be filled in by the Marshal, but I thought it would be helpful/instructive to put together a list of confirmed Servitors.

A bit on my method: My buddy and I, between us, have pdfs or hardcopies of just about every book. On PDFs, I do a search for "Immun" (which picks up Immune and Immunity), and Servitor. If a character is a servitor but my pdf doesn't pick up either word, I've missed it. Hardcopies get a skim for statblocks (which then get inspected for immunities), and then a speed-read for the word servitor. If I miss something, please let me know.

Books I've checked so far: HOE:R, HOE:R Companion, HOE Core, HOE Wasted West, Killer Clowns, Mallrats, Leftovers, Apoc Now, Boise Horror, Something About a Sword, Unity, Urban Renewal, Children O the Atom.

War
  • S-Mart Overlord [ref: Wasted West]
  • Suki Alvarez, Daimyo of Portland (as of Reloaded) [ref: HOER]
  • Brad Modeen, Anti-Templar
[ref: Last Crusaders]

Death
  • Jasper Stone [ref: Wasted West]
  • One
  • Leonard Biggs, Lone Biker of the Apocalypse [ref: Wasted West]
  • Marie Dubois, Bokkor Babe

Pestilence
  • Maestro
  • Damon Plague Bringer [ref: Children o' Atom]
  • Jeremy Kane (killed before Reloaded)
  • The Medusa Virus?

Famine
  • Hans Lector, The Bishop [ref: Wasted West]
  • Fat Tony Mulachi [ref: Mallrats/HOER]
  • The Devourer
[ref: Leftovers]

Guys with Servitorhood but I couldn't find their patron.
  • Wilton Dempsey
[/list]

Interestingly thats about three apiece. Does anyone know any I missed?

Edit: Removed Hellstromme, added Maestro and Dempsey
Edit2: Moved Modeen to War
3: Added Marie Dubois to Death.
Last edited by StalkThis on Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Nemekath
Novice

Re: [HOE] Servitor List (Spoilers, obvi)

#2 Postby Nemekath » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:27 am

Actually that is a very good idea.

I would say Modeen is a servitor of war, he started the Anti-Templars, creating dozens of warbands that either pillage or kill for money AND fight against the templars.
But I don't really think that Wilton Dempsey is a real servitor, more like a very powerful harrowed that is utterly insane.

steelbrok
Veteran

#3 Postby steelbrok » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:31 am

He's not a servitor but it would be interesting to see what the Cackler is doing in HoE

StalkThis
Novice

#4 Postby StalkThis » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:49 am

Nemekath wrote:Actually that is a very good idea.

I would say Modeen is a servitor of war, he started the Anti-Templars, creating dozens of warbands that either pillage or kill for money AND fight against the templars.
But I don't really think that Wilton Dempsey is a real servitor, more like a very powerful harrowed that is utterly insane.

Good point on Modeen, he does seem like he pushes war.

Dempsey gets a sideways mention. The Reloaded book (or maybe thecompanion) says of him "can't keep a good servitor down" or something like that

Nemekath
Novice

#5 Postby Nemekath » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:45 am

We still got Marie DuBois, found in City of Sin, as a servitor of death.

And an interesting one: Micah Flaxton, the weird musician has very similar abilities to a servitor and he has the bones of a servitor of old, the medieval Bargainer, in his cellar. I don't know if either of the one really counts, but they are worth mentioning.

StalkThis
Novice

#6 Postby StalkThis » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Thanks for the addition!

jesternario
Novice

#7 Postby jesternario » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:05 pm

What about Dr. Hans Gersholm from the adventure Biodome 2 from the second Tombstone Epitaph? He was well on his way to becoming a servitor up in that adventure due to his food slowly turning those who eat it into faminites.

StalkThis
Novice

#8 Postby StalkThis » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:52 pm

Ooh! I don't have the Epitaphs, which would explain why I don't know about him!

Khulmani
Novice

#9 Postby Khulmani » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:16 am

Thanks a lot for compiling this list. It is really handy. On a side question: I'm trying to expand the Savage Tale about One into a full-fleshed adventure, but I'm completely blocked. I would like to weave a way of discovering One's weakness into the narrative, and I'd also like to make it less of a search&destroy mission, adding other developments.

So I'll be grateful of any ideas and suggestions.
"Para venir a Cartagena es necesario que el rey de Inglaterra construya otra escuadra mayor, porque ésta sólo ha quedado para conducir carbón de Irlanda a Londres." -Blas de Lezo y Olavarrieta

An Fhuiseog
Novice

#10 Postby An Fhuiseog » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:02 pm

Mulachi is a servitor of Death, at least in Reloaded.

There's also Rex in the Mardi Gras settlement near New Orleans, (HOE:R p.145), a servitor of Famine.

The Dead Ranger
Seasoned

#11 Postby The Dead Ranger » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:32 pm

This is a nifty list which can be quite useful.

An improvement would be adding references for where these characters can be found.
John W. Thompson

"If everyone's having fun, then you're doing it right."

Mavis
Seasoned

#12 Postby Mavis » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:47 pm

Khulmani wrote:Thanks a lot for compiling this list. It is really handy. On a side question: I'm trying to expand the Savage Tale about One into a full-fleshed adventure, but I'm completely blocked. I would like to weave a way of discovering One's weakness into the narrative, and I'd also like to make it less of a search&destroy mission, adding other developments.

Maybe you could tie finding out about his weakness to his army records/psychological assessment records. These will be held elsewhere, an abandoned Agency Research Facility somewhere.

Thus the starting point of the scenario would be the PC's being tasked to recover these records, a HoE 'dungeon delve' and exploration. This does mean that Sgt 1st Class Juan Riviera needed to have been a Servitor of Death before crashing back to Earth, maybe on an earlier R&R away from Banshee. The records can detail engagements on Banshee where he was wounded in combat (or whilst being restrained) by a weapon made on Banshee but also they can record attempts back on Earth where attempts to restrain him proved impossible, describing One going crazy and bullets just bouncing off as soldiers tried to bring him down. Add in some notes in the style of the conversations between Rorschach and the psychiatrist ala Watchmen and you are good to go. The end of One inevitably has to be a search and destroy mission but this will add a layer of exploration and investigation first. Maybe locating a weapon made on Banshee might form another stage in the scenario.

Hope this makes sense.

As an aside. One is a major player in my campaign and has been central to some interesting yet crazy incidents. That said I have changed his backstory a lot (his ship crashed on the same day the Harbinger captured the Reckoners and whisked them away to Banshee). The PC's met him and his group with no prior warning, he has more Cyborgs under his command than in the Savage Tale and is unit taking over a wide swathe of territory. One of the PC's is a Grim Servant of Death and One has seen in him a kindred spirit. I intend to use One as a plot giver for this PC.

Khulmani
Novice

#13 Postby Khulmani » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Thanks Mavis. It does make sense, at least for me. An investigation "layer" related to military records (for the weakness) plus a quest/search "layer" (for a Banshee weapon) was just what I needed as ideas.
"Para venir a Cartagena es necesario que el rey de Inglaterra construya otra escuadra mayor, porque ésta sólo ha quedado para conducir carbón de Irlanda a Londres." -Blas de Lezo y Olavarrieta

An Fhuiseog
Novice

#14 Postby An Fhuiseog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:08 pm

I tried using Paradise Lost and the conversion document to convert Damon Fisk if anybody is interested:

Agility: d10 + 2
Strength: d6
Spirit: d12 + 5
Smarts: d12
Vigor: d12+5

Climbing: d10+4
Pilot: d12+4
Shooting: d12+5
Knowledge(Demolitions): d12
Knowledge(Physics): d12
Faith: d12+5

Hindrances: Mean, Grim Servant of Death, Ugly
Edges: Arcane Background (Doomsayer), Oppenheimer’s Chosen*

Toughness: 11
Parry: 2
Charisma: -4
Pace: 6

Special Abilities:
Way of the Atom: Damon possesses all Doomsayer powers
Invulnerability: Damon can only receive Wounds from weapons made from the wreckage of his old B-99 bomber. All other attacks only leave him Shaken.**
Fear -2: Damon Fisk's mutated visage causes a Fear check at -2 to any poor soul unlucky enough to get too close.

*This edge is not really a conversion of anything in the classical document, but seemed to fit.
**I'm not sure if there are two kinds of servitor invulnerability in the Reloaded games:
(a) Only ever Shaken (e.g. Stone)
(b) Can receive three wounds, but requires something special to kill them. I read Mulachi's this way.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”