Savage SLA

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Did SLA Industries need a rules conversion?

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 39

Facedanser
Seasoned

Savage SLA

#1 Postby Facedanser » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:30 am

Been tryin to work a SLA Industries , yeh remember that one, conversion.

Kinda works, but havin difficulties with Stormers etc. in game balance.

Any ideas anyone or advice.??
Last edited by Facedanser on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

charliebananas
Veteran

#2 Postby charliebananas » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:48 am

SLA INDUSTRIES is great and my girlfriend keeps giving me grief that I don't run it anymore! What have you got so far? Oh and what books you using?

Ashikaider
Heroic

#3 Postby Ashikaider » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:00 pm

you also might wanna check out the SF Toolkits, as they have more in-depth rules on various SF tropes and trappings-- ships, computers, cyberware, drugs, etc

the bestiary even has some SF-type npcs to work with.

charliebananas
Veteran

#4 Postby charliebananas » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:08 pm

Facedanser wrote:Er

Nice site as well man

Good to speek to a fellow uker as well :)

The SW book that may help me SLA conversion is Necessary Evil.

Your views on that??

Cheers mate, While I would recommend any Savage getting fixed up with NE, it might not help with SLA, then again what do I know! :grin:

The over powered character problem, or tanks as I call them, have been a bit of a thorn in the side, the general solution (not my favourite) is to give a negative amount of XP's to the tank.
I've looked at various ways to combat the problem, from Achetypes to be experiance boosts to humans (didn't like that one either). In the end I realised that the races in the rule book are only examples and that includes humans. If certain races seem over powered in a setting then maybe the real problem is that Humans are under powered in the setting your creating, with that in mind try this out...

HUMANS They are the most adaptive race in the universe and fit into most every aspect of the new age and occupy positions at every level of S.L.A. Industries, their only main weakness is their addiction to Television.

ADAPTIVE NATUREHumans gain two free edges at character generation.

UNEQUAL OPPORTUNITIESHumans start with 18 skill points not 15.

VID-HEADHumans suffer a -2 distraction penalty on all rolls when in the immediate vicinity of a T.V. This may be bought off with one of your free edges. (Line of sight).

Now your other races have two free edges to balance against, just a thought.
Last edited by charliebananas on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Savage_Kobayashi
Novice

#5 Postby Savage_Kobayashi » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:23 am

charliebananas wrote:VID-HEADHumans suffer a -2 distraction penalty on all rolls when in the immediate vicinity of a T.V. (Line of sight).

Ah ah ! I really like this one ! I'd used it right away in a Cyberpunk campaign (if I had one running that is :1crying: )

Facedanser
Seasoned

#6 Postby Facedanser » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:04 am

h'ok time ta roll !!

Bear in mind these are rough drafts (thus gaining me a get out :) ) Also not got direct edge descriptions so bear with me, feedback always welcome.

FROTHERS- Drug addicted warriors and beserkers. Frothers are basically human but totally focused on combat, they tend to burn out after a few years though.

STRONG- Frothers rely on physical strength and training. They start with an extra dice in Strength. (1D6 not 1D4)

WARRIOR- Frothers start with an extra dice in Fighting

BESERK- As MRB

HABIT(maj)- Drug addict. Frothers are addicted and physically dependent to a variety of combat drugs such as UV, Rush etc. Without their fix they experience withdrawals, coma and death.
Last edited by Facedanser on Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Facedanser
Seasoned

#7 Postby Facedanser » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:14 am

WRAITH RAIDER (WRAITHEN)- Alien feline hunters hailing from frigid ice worlds. They are masters of the hunt and survival.

AGILE- Wraiths start with an extra dice in Agility. (1D6 not 1D4)

SPEEDY- Wraiths can run like the wind. Base pace starts at 10.

COLD ADAPTATION- Wraiths hail from ice worlds. They gain +2 to resist effects of cold, but have -2 to resist haet affects.

SURVIVOR- Wraiths can survive in extreme enviroments. They start with an extra dice in survival.

ALIEN (Outsider)- Wraiths are aliens who do not quite fit the humanocentric cities of Mort. -2 Chr amongst non-Wraiths.

Kergillian
Novice

#8 Postby Kergillian » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:06 pm

My SLA "adaption" was easy.
I just toned down the races a bit to bring them inline with SW, nothing too major. Mostly a created a series of Stormer Edges that allowed Stormers to develope into the tougher beings that they are depicted as.
I wasn't too worried about getting everything "just right", I was more conserned with making it Fast, Furious and Fun. :jack:
"Paranoia is a state of heightened awareness." -- Claude Steiner

Kergillian
Novice

#9 Postby Kergillian » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:07 am

charliebananas wrote:
Kergillian wrote:My SLA "adaption" was easy.
I just toned down the races a bit to bring them inline with SW, nothing too major. Mostly a created a series of Stormer Edges that allowed Stormers to develope into the tougher beings that they are depicted as.
I wasn't too worried about getting everything "just right", I was more conserned with making it Fast, Furious and Fun. :jack:

Yeh I thought about that, but some of the edges were just to powerful, it would of taken more than one leveling op. to get them, but like you i have done an adaptation rather than a conversion, it's all about flavour.

Cheers
Mike. :grin:

Well, the more powerful edges aren't available until later ranks, or have prerequisites.

I'll look for my notes. My objective was to grab the flavor of the game
"Paranoia is a state of heightened awareness." -- Claude Steiner

charliebananas
Veteran

#10 Postby charliebananas » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:03 am

FROTHER (4) These altered humans have made subtle evolutionary leaps to cope with their addiction to combat drugs. Over the centuries they have developed above average strength and high tolerances to physical punishment. The Frother have formed into clans and are one of the few races aggressively head hunted by S.L.A.

EVOLVED STRENGTH – Frothers start with D6 Strength, not D4. (2)

EVOLVED VIGOR – Frothers start with D6 Vigor, not D4. (2)

WIRED AT BIRTH – Frothers have high tolerance to drugs, as a result they receive a +2 to all rolls made to resist addiction and the other negative effects drugs cause. (1)

THUG LIFE – Frother start with D6 in fighting and Streetwise. (2)

VOW (THE CLAN) – A Frother’s clan is everything, without it he is nothing. When the clan call, blood and claymore are theirs to command. (-2)

QUIRK – Pride in the clan is always present in a Frother’s mind set and they will always have clan colours on show, no matter what they are wearing. (-1)

I didn't go with drug addict, I tend to think of them being able to withstand the negative effects better than humans, aint evolution grand!! :1sasmokin:
Last edited by charliebananas on Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

charliebananas
Veteran

#11 Postby charliebananas » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:10 am

WRAITH RAIDER (4)Known for their agility, the Wraith Raider is the embodiment of the sleek fast predator, they are slender and fast and highly sought after by S.L.A., so much so that they leave the Wraiths home worlds be, despite these ice planets having an abundance of water. They have short life spans, 45 to 50 years, but mature equally as quickly and are full grown at 10, when meny takes them and teaches them that the city is just another hunting ground.

AGILE – Wraith Raiders start with D6 in Agility, not D4. (2)

QUICK – The reaction speed of the Wraith is unsurpassed, p.23. (2)

ICE WORLDER – Wraith Raiders come from ice worlds and as such they have an in built love of the cold, they get +4 to resist the effects of cold, but a -2 from fatigue rolls made in tropical climes. (1)

HUNTERS SIGHT – They are born hunters and receive a +2 on all Notice and any Stealth rolls. (2)

NATURAL WEAPONS – Wraith Raiders have sharp teeth and claws, they do STR +1 damage, and a Wraith Raider is never considered unarmed. (1)

BLOODTHIRSTY – Wraith Raiders are cold blooded killers and have a tendency to toy with and torment their pray. They suffer a -4 charisma when dealing with those who have witnessed or know of the Wraiths cruel nature. (-2)

CURIOUS – Well it did kill the cat, p.18 (-2)

Rather than increasing their pace i gave them QUICK.

Facedanser
Seasoned

#12 Postby Facedanser » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:34 am

Dont worry about that :)

Post away, all is welcome and useful, if only as a counter-point.

:1icon_bow:

Anyways the SLA Firearms are roughly equiv to Real world firearm calibres. ie 17mm approx .50 cal etc. Pretty ez ta work out c/o modern firearm list in downloads or summit.

Ammo suggestions?

AP- AP +2
HP- +2 dam
HEAP- AP+2, +2 dam
HESH- Dunno +4 dam, or dice upgrade +1??

10mm Hotline- as 10mm +stun effect.
Dont forget the
Vibro-discs, Chopper packs, BB, shot, slug etc.

Facedanser
Seasoned

#13 Postby Facedanser » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:35 pm

More SLA/ SW ramblings......an thoughts.

Training packages (as Profession edges) for example.

Kick Murder Squad
The hero has traing in the ninja-like arts of the assassin. As such the hero gains +2 on all Climbing, Fighting and Stealth rolls.

The EBB/ Flux Stuff.

Ebb Powers [Arcane Background]
NB- Only Ebons/ Brainwasters can take Ebb.
Requires Deathsuit to use.

Arcane Skill: Ebb [Spirit]
Starting Power points: 10
Powers: 3

Ebon- Emotional humanoids. They are characterised by their pupilless eyes and their ability to manipulate the Ebb to produce almost magical effects.
Alien[Outsder] -2 Chr when not amognst own kind.

Spirited- Ebons start with an extra dice in spirit.

Persuasive- Ebons start with an extra dice in the Persuasion skill.

Well-Informed- Ebons start with an extra dice in Knowledge(SLA)

Ebb User- Has acces to Arcane Background.

Brainwaster- The more aggressive, warrior offshoot of the Ebon race, they are characterised by their blank eyes, that are have the flesh around them charred, and off course their ability to manipulate the Ebb.
Bloodthirsty- Brainwasters are known for their hatred of other races, especially Ebons, and their sadistic and deranged psychologies. -4 Chr

Intimidating- Brainwasters start with an extra dice in Intimidation.

Warrior- Brainwasters start with an extra dice in fighting.

Spirited- Brainwasters start with an extra dice in Spirit.

Ebb user- Has access to Arcane backgrounds.

charliebananas
Veteran

#14 Postby charliebananas » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:02 am

Sorry I've been a bit tardy, I ripped all the muscles in my left side, and although I've been checking in I didn't feel much like doing anything. Anyways heres two more.

EBON (4)The Ebon and their broken kin are one of only ones that can control the EBB, and as such are tightly controlled by S.L.A. From birth they are taught to use their innate ability to master the FLUX, watched over by the father of the Ebon race, INTRUDER and the Necanthrope PRECEPTOR TEETH. The Ebon are a gentle but emotionally charged, inward looking race.

The Ebon/Brain waster can only ever have 10 power points, any others they gain through the power point edge must be stored in their Death suit.

EBB CONTROL – Ebon start with the Arcane background Ebb Control, 3 powers and 10 Flux (power) points. (2)

SPIRITED – Ebon start with D6 in Spirit, not D4. (2)

BRAIN WASTER (4) Born into an Ebon family you are seen by your parents as broken and in need of compassion, to you this was the first sign of their inferiority. For all that the Ebon are kind and gentle the Brain Waster is cruel and violent, where the Ebon resist the change into the Neconthrope the Brain Waster embraces it. Cold and arrogant and broiling with anger, this is their life and path.

The Ebon/Brain waster can only ever have 10 power points, any others they gain through the power point edge must be stored in their Death suit.

EBB CONTROL – Brain Waster’s start with the Arcane background Ebb Control, 3 powers and 10 Flux (power points). (2)
Arcane skill - Formulae / Spirit.

SPIRITED – Brain Waster’s start with D6 in Spirit, not D4. (2)

STRONG – Brain Waster’s start with D6 in Strength, not D4. (2)

ARROGANT – Page 18 Savage Worlds rule book. (-2)

I'm planning that as the player adds power points to the Death suit it will gain abilities.

charliebananas
Veteran

#15 Postby charliebananas » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:17 am

Oh one more for luck...

SHAKTAR (4)The race that proudly bares the name Shaktar are thought by the ignorant to be barbaric savages, this is clearly untrue, they are warriors who value honour above all else, an anachronism in the world of progress.
Ancient, these beings hail from a time before the Conflict War, and have a chivalric value akin to the Samurai or feudal knights. To slander a Shaktar’s family name is to lose ones life.

AGILE – Shaktar start with D6 in Agility, not D4. (2)

STRONG – Shaktar start with D8 in Strength, not D4, and may raise it to a d12+2 during character creation. Through the Expert and Master Edges it may reach a d12+4. (3)

TOUGH – Shaktar start with D6 in Vigor, not D4. (2)

WARRIOR CAST – The Shaktar are raise as warriors and start with D6 fighting. (1)

NATURAL WEAPONS – Stormers have claws, they do STR +2 (1)

BAD RAP – It is widely known that only a fool messes with a Shaktar, usually a dead fool. They start with D6 intimidation.(1)

CODE OF HONOR – Page 18 Savage Worlds rule book. (-2)

LOYAL – Page 20 Savage Worlds rule book. (-1)

OUTWORLDER – Misunderstood by those from the core worlds, Shaktar get a -2 on charisma when dealing with the uneducated masses, who never seem to be able to shake the stereo types shown on the vid shows. (-1)

IT IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE – The Shaktar will never knowingly retreat, to do so is a sign of cowardice. (-2)
Last edited by charliebananas on Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charliebananas
Veteran

#16 Postby charliebananas » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:48 pm

Ok here it is - 313, the ultimate tank has just arrived and he's wearing a panzer!

STORMER (4) 313 the work horse of the world of progress, the reason that S.L.A. Industries are at the top. The Stormer was created at the Karma biogenetics labs. Originally created for combat, then later they were adapted for more “civilised” duties. Large brutish figures, the Stormer, are seen as protectors rather than monsters, given enough intelligence to carry out BPN’s but still not of human intellect.

STRONG – Stormers start with D8 in Strength, not D4, and may raise it to a d12+2 during character creation. Through the Expert and Master Edges it may reach a d12+4 (3)

VIGOR – Stormers start with D8 in Vigor, not D4, and may raise it to a d12+2 during character creation. Through the Expert and Master Edges it may reach a d12+4. (3)

PROMETHEUS GENE – The scientists/madmen over at Karma, gifted the Stormer with genes that regenerate. Every fifth round the Stormer gets a free soak roll to remove any wounds they may have suffered. Once a day they may make a vigor roll to remove permanent wounds. (4)

NATURAL WEAPONS – Stormers have sharp teeth and claws, they do STR +2 and are never considered unarmed. (2)

BRUTE – Stormers are big, they get +1 size, this gives it +1 Toughness. (2)

QUICK – Page 23 main rule book. (2)

DUMB – Stormers have lower than human intellect, it costs 2 points to raise Smarts at character generation and 2 levelling opportunities there after. (-3)

CLUELESS – The Stormer has been vat grown and are then unleashed on the world with only the training SLA ordains that they need, as such they take a -2 on common knowledge rolls. (-2)

BROTHERHOOD – Stormers and variant Stormers will not leave one of their own on the field to suffer at the hands of the enemy. They will do anything but jeopardise the mission to rescue, or if need be kill, their brother. (-2)

AGGRESSIVE DEMEANOUR – A combination of looks, conditioning, and a mouth designed as a weapon rather than a communication device, means that the Stormer suffers a -2 charisma. (-1)

ENEMY – You have been programmed to destroy and conquer all who oppose SLA, as a result both THRESHER and DARKNIGHT will treat you with extreme prejudice. (-2)

CORPORATE PUPPET – Your Genes have given you so many gifts, but buried deep within them is a foul safe, SLA built you, SLA owns you, you feel compelled to obey any SLA operative whose SCL is higher than yours, when given orders not of your liking by higher level ops you must make a Spirit roll at -4 to resist. (-2)

charliebananas
Veteran

#17 Postby charliebananas » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:26 am

Brotherhood came to me while reading the description for the chagrin, but I really did stretch it, it just makes the tank a little more multi-dimensional, and kinda of makes sense according to the truth, and what the stormers all share in common. You maybe right that both Wraiths and Xeno need fleet footed.

CHAGRIN (4) – Stormer variant 714 created at Karma as an upgrade to 313, this is combat personified. Strong, mean, and controllable, they are massively built and have large claws and tusks. They are the ultimate killing machine.

STRONG – Chagrin start with D8 in Strength, not D4, and may raise it to a d12+4 during character creation. Through the Expert and Master Edges it may reach a d12+6 (4)

VIGOR – Chagrin start with D8 in Vigor, not D4, and may raise it to a d12+2 during character creation. Through the Expert and Master Edges it may reach a d12+4. (4)

AGILE – Chagrin start with D6 in Agility, not D4. (2)

HARDY – Two Shaken results in combat do not cause a Wound. (3)

PROMETHEUS GENE – The madmen scientists over at Karma, gifted the Chagrin with genes that regenerate. Every fifth round the Chagrin gets a free soak roll to remove any wounds they may have suffered. Once a day they may make a vigor roll to remove permanent wounds. (4)

NATURAL WEAPONS – Chagrin have sharp claws and tusks, they do STR +3 and are never considered unarmed. (4)

WARRIOR CAST – Chagrin are created as warriors and start with D6 fighting. (1)

BRUTE – Chagrin are massive, they get +2 size, this gives it +2 Toughness. Clothes and armour cost 50% more.(2)

DUMB – Chagrin have lower than human intellect, it costs 2 points to raise Smarts at character generation and 2 levelling opportunities there after. (-3)

SHALLOW – Chagrin have been created with certain safe guards, it costs 2 points to raise Spirit at character generation and 2 levelling opportunities there after. (-3)

CLUELESS – The Chagrin has been vat grown and are then unleashed on the world with only the training SLA ordains that they need, as such they take a -2 on common knowledge rolls. (-2)

BROTHERHOOD – Stormers and variant Stormers will not leave one of their own on the field to suffer at the hands of the enemy. They will do anything but jeopardise the mission to rescue, or if need be kill, their brother. (-2)

AGGRESSIVE DEMEANOUR – A combination of looks, conditioning, and a mouth designed as a weapon rather than a communication device, also the newness of the Chagrin means that they suffers a -4 charisma. (-2)

FRONTLINE FODDER – The inbuilt need of the Chagrin for combat, means that they are compelled to always take point, no matter what state there health is in. (-2)

ENEMY
– You have been programmed to destroy and conquer all who oppose SLA, as a result both THRESHER and DARKNIGHT will treat you with extreme prejudice. (-2)

CORPORATE PUPPET – Your Genes have given you so many gifts, but buried deep within them is a foul safe, SLA built you, SLA owns you, you feel compelled to obey any SLA operative whose SCL is higher than yours, when given orders not of your liking by higher level ops you must make a Spirit roll at -4 to resist. (-2)

NU-TECH – You are the latest of the line and as such there are those who would love get hold of you, and take a look under the hood. (Wanted level – major). (-2)

charliebananas
Veteran

#18 Postby charliebananas » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:46 am

XENO (4) – Stormer variant 711, created at Karma in the same way as 313. This model was designed for speed and agility. They make ideal scouts due to their chameleon like skin.

STRONG – Xeno's start with D6 in Strength, not D4. (2)

AGILE – Xeno's start with D8 in Agility, not D4, and may raise it to a d12+2 during character creation. Through the Expert and Master Edges it may reach a d12+4. (3)

PROMETHEUS GENE (minor)
– The madmen scientists over at Karma, gifted the Xeno with genes that regenerate. Every tenth round the Xeno gets a free soak roll to remove any wounds they may have suffered. Once a day they may make a vigor roll to remove permanent wounds. (4)

BLENDING – Xeno gets a +2 to all sneak rolls, and +4 if they remain staionary. (2)

BUG EYED – Having seven eyes the Xeno has an extraordinary field of view, they get a +2 to notice rolls. (1)

FLEET FOOTED – Page 24 Savage Worlds rule book. (2)

NATURAL ARMOR – The Xeno has a hard carapace covered by skin, giving it +2 armour in all locations. No chinks, or weak spots. (2)

QUICK – Page 23 main rule book. (2)

ALIEN PRESENCE – The Xeno has the definite look of an insect, and even though it is more intelligent than it’s brothers, it still has only rudimentary social skills. This means that Xeno’s suffers a -4 charisma. (-2)

QUIRK / NEKID – Xeno’s don’t like clothes, it gets in the way of their chameleon abilities, but the boys at SLA thought this out and have given you 10 handy pockets of skin. (-1)

CLUELESS – The Xeno has been vat grown and are then unleashed on the world with only the training SLA ordains that they need, as such they take a -2 on common knowledge rolls. (-2)

ENEMY – You have been programmed to destroy and conquer all who oppose SLA, as a result both THRESHER and DARKNIGHT will treat you with extreme prejudice. (-2)

NU-TECH – You are the latest of the line and as such there are those who would love get hold of you, and take a look under the hood. (Wanted level – major). (-2)

charliebananas
Veteran

#19 Postby charliebananas » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:14 pm

VEVAPHON (4)The Vev is the first creation to crawl out of the Doppelganger institutes vats. A biogenetic polymorph, the Vevaphon can alter itself into different shapes and forms. Unlike the Stormer, the Vev is not based on the DNA code of Intruder, but rather each cell cluster is a perfect, if unstable, organism in its own right. The internal organs including the brain can be moved around and reconfigured at will by the Vevaphon. Doppelganger has developed a special food supplement that contains all the Vev needs, if it must it can eat normal food but must eat double the amount to get the same nutritional value.

CONSTRUCT – The Vevaphon’s internal ambiguities, give them +2 to recover from shaken, they don’t take extra damage from called shots, piercing attacks do half damage and they do not suffer from wound modifiers. (2)

PROMETHEUS GENE – The madmen/scientists over at Karma, gifted the Vevaphon with genes that regenerate. Every fifth round the Chagrin gets a free soak roll to remove any wounds they may have suffered. Once a day they may make a vigor roll to remove permanent wounds, see also POLYMORPH (4)

NATURAL WEAPON – The Vevaphon can create a sharp or blunt weapon, it does STR +2, and are never considered unarmed, see also POLYMORPH. (2)

NATURAL ARMOR – The Vev can produce a hard carapace like skin, giving it +2 armor in all locations. No chinks, or weak spots, see also POLYMORPH (2)

(AB) POLYMORPH – Only Vevaphons may have this Arcane background they start with 10 power points and the following powers.

ARMOR
COST – 3/2/1
RANGE – SELF
DURATION – 3 (1/ROUND)
EFFECT – The Vev can harden it’s skin to form a carapace. It does this as a free action and without spending power points (see natural armor), but they may also use their ability to increase this ability. As an action the Vev makes a VIGOR roll, a success gives the Vevaphon another +2 armor, a raise reduces the cost by 1.

BOOST TRAIT
COST – 4/3/2/1
RANGE – SELF
DURATION – 3 (1/ROUND)
EFFECT – By moving muscle, cartilage, bone and nerve clusters from one location to another where they will be more effective, the Vev can increase any one of the following traits, STRENGTH, AGILITY, OR TOUGHNESS. The Vev uses its VIGOR as the arcane skill, and on a success increases the chosen stat by 1 or 2 on a raise.

SMITE
COST – 3/2/1
RANGE – SELF
DURATION – 3 (1/ROUND)
EFFECT – The Vev can harden its structure to form sharp or blunt weapons. It does this as a free action and without spending power points (see natural weapon), but they may also use this power to increase that ability. As an action the Vev makes a vigor roll, a success gives the Vevaphon another +2 to the natural weapon (str+4 total) or another weapon at str +2 (two weapons total), a raise reduces the cost by 1.

MIMIC
COST – 4/3/2/1
RANGE – SELF
DURATION – Until they change back.
EFFECT – The Vev can alter its shape to form rudimentary clothes and shapes, it can make itself look like a humanoid but not a specific person, up close these forms will always show themselves as fake, clothes will meld with flesh and hair will be blocky and have a plastic look to them. Even in darkly lit areas the viewer is allowed a smarts roll at -2. The Vev can reduce its size but not its volume and could easily squeeze through a vent but not to the point it could slip under a door or through a keyhole. Each raise on the VIGOR roll gives an indication of the quality of the form and reduces the cost by 1 (multiple raises can reduce the cost to 0).

HEALING
COST – 4/3/2/1
RANGE – SELF
DURATION – Instant
EFFECT – The Vev can boost the effect of its natural healing abilities, at the cost of an action and the required power points, and a successful vigor roll they can heal one wound, on a raise they reduce the cost by 1.

A 1 on the Vigor roll indicates that the Vev has lost control of its morphing ability and becomes shaken while it tries to regain control of it’s shape. It may spend a Bennie or make a Vigor roll each round, as is normal when shaken.

The cost of Polymorphic powers decreases by 1 for each rank the Vevaphon reaches to a minimum of 1.
(4)

SHALLOW – The Vevaphon have been created with certain safe guards, it costs 2 points to raise Spirit at character generation and 2 levelling opportunities there after. (-3)

NO PERSONALITY – The lack of Identity inherent in the Vevaphon leaves them with a -2 on charisma. (-1)

CLUELESS – The Vevaphon has been vat grown and are then unleashed on the world with only the training SLA ordains that they need, as such they take a -2 on common knowledge rolls. (-2)

CUTTING EDGE – Because of the amount of money invested by Doppelganger, SLA will keep the Vevaphon operative under surveillance at all times. Not only do they not want to lose the Vev to their rivals, but questions have been raised about the stability of these creatures minds. At the first sign of malfunction the will not hesitate to terminate rather than to face awkward questions. (-2)

voidstate
Seasoned

#20 Postby voidstate » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:14 am

*applauds*

Great stuff. I wasn't sure how you'd manage to balance out all the advantages stormers have but you managed it. I particularly like the BROTHERHOOD, NU-TECH and CORPORATE PUPPET disadvantages, all of which should promote good stories as well as balancing the race out.

Now, enough of these wimpy torn-muscle excuses, get back to typing one-handed and write up some Ebb abilities and equipment! :D

voidstate

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”