Another Centaur > need feedback

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Snate56
Legendary

Re: Another Centaur > need feedback

#21 Postby Snate56 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:53 am

Something like Sweep comes to mind, where he spins around in place using his bulk to attack everyone near him.

But playtest this guy. I'll bet that just one turn of a bunch of attackers, especially at +6, will kill him. For a normal guy, the max is +4 and only so many can get adjacent to him.

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

Deskepticon
Veteran

#22 Postby Deskepticon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Snate56 wrote:Something like Sweep comes to mind, where he spins around in place using his bulk to attack everyone near him.

I was thinking something something along the lines of an extra attack. Lord Lance made some great suggestions on ironing such an Edge out. The extra (MAP-less) attack would have its own Fighting die, unlike Sweep where one bad roll ruins all attacks.

But playtest this guy. I'll bet that just one turn of a bunch of attackers, especially at +6, will kill him. For a normal guy, the max is +4 and only so many can get adjacent to him.

Not a bad idea.

Lord Lance
Heroic

#23 Postby Lord Lance » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Snate56 wrote:For a normal guy, the max is +4 and only so many can get adjacent to him.

Mmmm... Maybe I didn't understand your phrase, however: I think that a "normal guy" occupying 1 square can be surrounded by 8 opponents (at Reach 0"). So, in the worst scenario, you could be hit by 8 enemies, attacking you at +4 Gang-up bonus.

Of course, things change with the aforementioned Centaurs.
"Balance is the key, Trapping is the word." - - Lord Lance

Proud creator of the SAVAGE FREE BESTIARY

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#24 Postby ValhallaGH » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:10 pm

Gang Up Bonus is hard-capped at +4. Unless some special ability changes that, normally more than 5 people shouldn't attack someone.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Lord Lance
Heroic

#25 Postby Lord Lance » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:05 pm

ValhallaGH wrote:Gang Up Bonus is hard-capped at +4. Unless some special ability changes that, normally more than 5 people shouldn't attack someone.

Wait, wait... Are you saying that I played "badly" 'till now?? :o Naaah, I don't think so.
Let's take this situation:

Code: Select all

E|E|E
E|H|E
E|E|E

We have 1 Hero on a squared map. He's fighting against 8 enemies, they are all around him. All of them are adiacent to the Hero (for example, a Hero's sweep can potentially hit them all).
I always played that all the 8 enemies can attack the Hero, on their action. Of course, the BONUS they get is capped at +4, so each enemy roll his attack +4. Is this wrong?

By your last post, it seems you only accept 5 enemies attacking the hero, simultaneously.

Also, look at this previous Clint's post:
Clint wrote:Centaur vs. 4-10 enemies, each has +6 (three or more additional maxes out at +6).

He says that a single Centaur can be attacked by 10 enemies (enemies' bonus capped higher in his proposed hindrance), and this is possible only by the slightly more bigger area occupied by the Centaur. However, 10 enemies means that ALL the adjacent enemies can attack (even if they still get a capped bonus):

Code: Select all

E|E|E|E
E|C|C|E
E|E|E|E
"Balance is the key, Trapping is the word." - - Lord Lance

Proud creator of the SAVAGE FREE BESTIARY

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#26 Postby ValhallaGH » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:56 pm

More that 5 people can attack a single character, and there are reasons to do so.
Gang-Up Bonus is not one of those reasons.

That's all I was trying to say.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”