SW Leverage

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

kreider204
Heroic

SW Leverage

#1 Postby kreider204 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:50 pm

A first draft, with more content planned ...

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B4 ... ZDI3&hl=en
"It only takes an extra second to be courteous."
- Constable Benton Fraser

Dylan S
Veteran

#2 Postby Dylan S » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:54 pm

I've never heard of Leverage; otherwise, I'd be happy to read a new conversion.

TommyBrownell
Veteran

#3 Postby TommyBrownell » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:58 pm

Really?

It's one of the best shows on TV.

I'm rather pumped about the official RPG, but I'll sure check this out, since I lurvs me some Savage Worlds.
Tommy Brownell

kreider204
Heroic

#4 Postby kreider204 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:02 pm

The great thing about Leverage games is that they can be played with pretty much just the core SWEX rules. :) I've tweaked the skills a bit, added an edge, come up with some rules for languages and accents, but mostly, it's just advice about how to create characters and teams, and how to run games. In that light, the most important part is the adventure generator ... which I haven't written yet ... I'm working on it!!!

:mrgreen:

Dolomite23
Veteran

#5 Postby Dolomite23 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:52 am

Pretty Good. I love Leverage. Watching the 2nd season dvd now. I was going to work on a similar Robin Hoodesque themed world set in the sixties. A mix of Leverage and sixties heist films. Keep up the good work.

Greg K
Seasoned

#6 Postby Greg K » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:17 am

I love Leverage and like what you have done. Although, I won't be using the combined Athletics skill, I, definitely, like how you broke down Stealth into multiple skills and also added Security Systems (both of which are are among my own small list of house rules).

Any chance that you will stat out the actual characters from the series?

Lord Inar
Heroic

#7 Postby Lord Inar » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:12 pm

I like how by combining/removing several skills and adding almost the same number more, you keep it roughly the same. Therefore, there's no real need to tinker with starting skill points.
Athletics from Climbing and Swimming is a very common alteration.

A thought for Riding/Piloting/Boating.
Assume the skill is Agility -2. Steady Hands/Ace removes the -2 penalty. For skills that are taking place during riding, you still take the lesser of Agility and the skill.

Driving is still separate since car chases are more likely to come up than boat/plane chases.

I just saw a few episodes of Leverage recently and really enjoyed it.

kreider204
Heroic

#8 Postby kreider204 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Yep, I will definitely stat the characters from the show - that, plus some generic NPCs (e.g., security guards, etc.), and the adventure generator should fill out the next version.

kreider204
Heroic

#9 Postby kreider204 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:31 pm

I'm watching the commentaries on the Leverage DVDs. About 13 minutes into "The Future Job," John Rogers is talking about a character whom he describes as a henchmen, and then says (paraphrasing): "So for those of you building characters in Savage Worlds, he's a henchman ... "

:eek: :!: :1eek1:

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#10 Postby Sitting Duck » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:42 am

I imagine the non-gamers listening to that commentary thought to themselves, "What the ^&%$ is he talking about?"
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

kreider204
Heroic

#11 Postby kreider204 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:27 am

I think the other people commentating where thinking the same thing - there was a beat of silence after he said it. :mrgreen:

He'd mentioned playing D&D a couple of times in previous episodes, so I shouldn't have been so surprised.

Sweeper
Seasoned

#12 Postby Sweeper » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:41 am

Leverage is a pretty awesome show, can't wait to see Season 3 on Streaming/DVD (not big on watching TV show as they air these days).

Their church episode in Season 1 gave me the idea for The Order of St. Nicholas a group of reformed thieves.

I did notice that a Leverage RPG is coming out from Margret Weis Productions. It's looks like they're milking the Turner/Warner license for all it worth as I also see Smallville and Supernatural RPGs as well. (Didn't West End Games do this before they went belly up?)

Interesting side note, St. Nicholas seems to have been de-sainted by the Catholic church. Rather interesting choice to do that as He was, among other things, was the Patron Saint of thieves, children, and prostitutes. The so-called 'unwanted' element of society.
I'm wise enough to know that I don't know half as much as I think I know. Y'know?

kreider204
Heroic

#13 Postby kreider204 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Ya, I saw the Leverage quick start from MWP, and I thought "Geesh, Savage Worlds would be perfect for that."

I'm working on the "Creating an Adventure section of my conversion as we speak, hope to have the next version up in a couple of weeks.

coyote6
Seasoned

#14 Postby coyote6 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 pm

kreider204 wrote:He'd mentioned playing D&D a couple of times in previous episodes, so I shouldn't have been so surprised.

Yeah, he's a gamer; Parker's True20 stats are here. His story hours on ENWorld are awesome (here and here; he's a player in another - I have bookmarks :)), and he's writing the D&D comic for IDW.

I think a Savage Leverage should absolutely have Grifter, Hitter, Hacker, Mastermind, and Thief as professional Edges.
--
Bob

kreider204
Heroic

#15 Postby kreider204 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks for those links - very cool!

I'm only adding skills and edges if I absolutely need to - as much as possible, I'm sticking to the core rules. In that spirit, I'm treating mastermind, grifter, hitter, hacker, and thief as character types that can be developed via the appropriate attributes, skills, and edges, rather than edges themselves. For example, Parker would have a high Agility attribute (and others, but especially Agility), high Stealth, Pickpocketing, and Security skills (again, among others, possibly), and the Acrobat and Thief edges (already in the core rules). Eliot would have amazing Fighting, plus a variety of combat edges, etc.

slingbld
Novice

Re: SW Leverage

#16 Postby slingbld » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:13 pm

Any chance this is still available? The link is broken. It says the owner moved into the trash.

Phasma Felis
Seasoned

Re: SW Leverage

#17 Postby Phasma Felis » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:16 pm

slingbld wrote:Any chance this is still available? The link is broken. It says the owner moved into the trash.

Huh, it's working fine for me. Maybe the site was having trouble? If you still can't get it, PM me your email and I'll send you a copy.

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”