Degenesis

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Galotta
Novice

Degenesis

#1 Postby Galotta » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:20 am

Degenesis: Rough - a Savage Worlds Conversion
a translation of this german conversion Degenesis: Verrohung by Valentin Maier.
------------------------------------------------------
Degenesis Rough v1.0.pdf (4.7 MB)
Mirror: Degenesis Rough v1.0.pdf (4.7 MB)

Including introductory Adventure: Manhunt (with five PreGen characters)
*Update: p. 25 fixed

Char Sheet (included in the PDF) (677 KB)
http://z82i.img-up.net/sheet7e87.jpg

Image ... Image

Image ... Image

------------------------------------------------------
DEGENESIS [source: Quick-start rules]
Primal Punk. Primeval savagery. Wild abandon. An epic post-apocalyptic survival drama. Primal Punk—a perfect fit for the material. Degenesis is the story of mankind’s struggle in the wake of Earth’s greatest catastrophe: a rain of massive asteroids. Europe and Africa have been cut off from the other continents and battle against each other for control of the known world. In Europe, the people are finally emerging from a dark age that spanned half a millennium, whereas Africa has become complacent and corrupt after centuries of wealth and splendor. Meanwhile, a new threat to mankind has emerged. With the asteroids came a new and sinister life form which poisoned the earth and its creatures.

2073. The year of the Eschaton. The world trembled as human civilization was atomized in a cataclysmic hail of asteroids. Ten thousand years of evolution snuffed out in a single day. Europe was hit especially hard. Fires and electrostatic discharges lit the night. The days that followed were filled with smoke and dust. Red crater dust and volcanic ash filled the sky, casting the land into twilight. In Africa, however, a new age of prosperity swept over the land. Equatorial jet streams pressed the dust clouds away to the north and south and the dark continent was able to breathe. As a deep freeze settled over Europe and South Africa, a pleasant Mediterranean climate replaced the oppressive heat that defined most of Africa. Warm winds blew rain filled clouds from the Atlantic over Africa. The Sahara bloomed, while the rest of the world was poised to freeze to death. Five hundred years later, the world is a very different place. The great ice age is ending but the land is covered with a foul decay that twists the people and animals into bloodthirsty monsters.

THE CULTS
The survivors of the Eschaton have formed new organizations and factions, all with their own history and goals. There are now thirteen cults which vie for dominance in the ravaged lands of Europe and Africa.
The ANABAPTISTS are constantly at odds with an ancient diety they refer to as the Demiurge; the destroyer of the world and the root of all evil. The goal of the Anabaptists is to purify the earth of the Demiurge’s taint and pull paradise out of the darkness through fiery baptism. The ANUBIANS possess ancient knowledge and see themselves as the custodians of humanity. For the people of Africa, they are the spirit of the continent; shamans who can see the past and weave it into a new future. APOCALYPTIKS. Everything the heart desires can be found in the houses of the Apocalyptiks: gambling, prostitution, fortune telling and the drug “burn”. These gypsies know they have nothing more to lose; their world is long past the point of salvage. THE ASHEN. Equal parts warden and slave, they were locked in the depths of the earth along with their sleeping masters. Their skin is now bleached and their senses—particularly their hearing—have been heightened. The CHRONICLERS are the premier technical cult in Europe. Their aim is to discover and horde all the world’s lost knowledge and lead humanity back into the light of civilization. Their bizarre masked visages inspire both fear and wonder among the people. HELLVETICS. The descendants of the Swiss military rule the Alps. They operate in small self-sufficient teams and follow a strict code of honor, which they hold more dear than their lives. They demand tolls from those who wish to cross the Alps, but otherwise remain neutral in the struggle between Europe and Africa. JEHAMMEDANS. Birthed by the last great prophet, Jehammedan, this cult is as influential as it is fanatical. They dominate the eastern regions of Europe, fighting to secure God’s dominion over the Earth. They cannot be avoided or ignored, and every day their numbers grow. The MARSHALS force peace upon the citizens of Borca with a long established code of laws and a heavy hand. Very few balk at the decrees of this grim cult. Only the Spitalians defy them. Long simmering, the conflict between these two cults is on the verge of erupting. The NEOLIBYANS are the personification of capitalism. They wield the power of Africa and divide the known world into trade regions and franchise them out to those who obey their will and turn the greatest profit. The SCOURGERS are the vicious claws of Africa, though at best their military force represents a loose band of mercenaries. Their ferocity on the battlefield is legendary; few have survived an assault by a pack of Scourgers. SCRAPPERS rummage through the ruins searching for artifacts from a lost age. Their life, spent digging in the dirt, is hard and thankless. Life amongst the towering, shimmering tombs of a dead culture, with all its deprivations, has turned them into cold-blooded throat slitters who think only of themselves. SPITALIANS. They are the last line of defense against the Foulness. Born from a mysterious medical caste of the ancients, they boldly go forth into the poisoned lands, battling the spore fields and their mutant armies with fungicides and fire. The TRIBALS of the world derive their strength from the land and the gods which haunt it. The animal instinct is strong in them. Freed from the once civilized patina of morals and decency, small bands of Tribals roam the wastelands. Very few settle down; the majority see their home as anywhere they make it under the expansive sky.

THE LANDS
From the ashes of the Eschaton, seven new cultures arose. They span from the frozen northern regions of Europe across the Mediterranean and down into Africa. They are mere children compared to their ancestors and yet they rule over the known world. The people of BORCA, which comprises most of northern Europe, are strong and robust. Those west of the Reaper’s Blow, the enormous fault created by the asteroid impact, strive to reclaim the power of the past. They comb the ruined landscape searching for traces of their ancestors. East of the gaping fault, Borcans drive herds of musk oxen across a wilderness of endless pine forests. They don’t share their western cousins’ ridiculous attachment to the past. Once, FRANCA was a fertile land, the gem of western Europe. Its capital, Paris, now Parasite, was surrendered to invading hordes of insects. It was devastating to the people of Franka, however, the shock helped them cut their ties to the past. Over the centuries the Neolibyans completely looted the technological relics of Franka. Now the ancient buildings which dot the rotted countryside are nothing more than empty husks. Yet a new and healthy society is growing amidst the debris of the past; it is still young, but the seed of civilization has taken root. In the wastelands of POLLEN, mobility and adaptability are crucial. In these lands, a fertile field can decay into rotted wasteland overnight. The Pollener keep all of their possessions on armored carts and wagons, ready to move the minute the land dies. From Pandora, the largest crater in Europe, prevailing winds blow the spores southward. Strange mutated creatures appear wherever the spores fall. The Foulness is spreading feverishly here. The BALKHAN is wild and untamed. The Balkhani live by the principle “Me against my brother—my brother and I against my uncle—all of us against the world!” They only stop fighting amongst themselves when a larger and more threatening enemy appears. Throughout Balkhan, the disturbing songs of the Dushani echo off the mountains. They live in remote rocky grottos with their slithering companions, and watch the affairs of the humans with mixed interest. HYBRISPANIA is locked in a terrible war between African invaders and guerilla freedom fighters. The land is ravaged by hatred and rage; a murderous lust condemns its citizens to endless strife. The high plain of Castilla is the only place free of the African scourge. However there is no real peace there either — Jehammedan pilgrims prepare for a holy war against the invaders. Meanwhile their strange religion corrupts the natives, poisoning them with hatred and fanaticism. The Anabaptists see PURGARE as their promised land and wage constant war on the Balkhani in the East and the Psychokinetiks in the west. In the west, they battle the unholy taint of the psychonauts hoping to seal the Reaper’s Blow with the corpses of their enemies. In the east, they fight merely to keep the small scraps of fertile land that sustain them. AFRICA has grown powerful. Its cities are now some of the prettiest pearls of the new world. However, in the south, bloodthirsty mutant plants called psychovors push ever northward, swallowing the land and leaving it forever changed. Africa has become united, but it has also lost much of its ancient cultural diversity. Now, the Lion reigns supreme; it symbolizes the unified continent. The Neolibyans are its heart, the Scourgers are its claws, and the Anubians are its soul.

THE FOULNESS
The earth has changed in sinister ways. The source of these changes are the impact craters left over from the Eschaton. Spores grow in the craters and their sick seed blows across the land mutating its flora and fauna. The output of these craters has become known as the Foulness. The Foulness has dramatic effects on humanity. It changes the people — mutant children with demonic abilities are born all over Europe. The scientific community calls them psychonauts. By adolescence these children are often abandoned by their families and flee into the wilderness. They hide and scavenge until they find other psychonauts — their true family. They have no love for humanity and only answer to the call of mother earth.

FIVE EARTH CHAKRAS
Each crater, or Earth Chakra, affects the land differently. As the Earth Chakras expand, they imbue the surrounding landscape with their characteristic mutations. The Foulness acts as a catalyst, preparing humanity's body and soul for transformation. Children born near an Earth Chakra will demonstrate abilities related to the Earth Chakra, awakening the so called "raptus" in their genes.
The BIOKINETIKS of Pollen view their body as a tool which they can form and reshape at will. Their true identities have long since been discarded and replaced by the masks they construct. The people of the Balkhan know the DUSHANI well. The Dushani are masters of manipulation, sneaking into thoughts and hollowing out the minds of their enemies from within.PARAGNOSTIKS can see into the future or past. In Hybrispania, their home, they are the self-proclaimed saviors of the oppressed people.PHEROMANCERS. Fist sized pheromone glands coat the body of these Frankan psychonauts, turning them into biochemical warfare factories. They can subdue entire villages with their pungent fumes. The PSYCHOKINETIKS of Purgare can control matter with their minds. They can levitate objects, create force fields around them-selves, or ignite fires with a gesture.

Welcome to the wasteland!

http://degenesis.com/ or http://www.degenesis.de/phpBB3/viewtopi ... =14&t=2135 or the Degenesis Forum

Wanne see more Artwork? check out the complete german core rulebook.. you can download it for free here - yeah its legal:!:

Download: free Quick-Start rules

Image Image

Last edited by Galotta on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:24 am, edited 11 times in total.

Virgobrown72
Heroic

#2 Postby Virgobrown72 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Not normally a big fan of most post apocalyptic settings, but this looks pretty cool.... :wink:
"That which does not kill me, makes me Shaken..."

Galotta
Novice

Re: Degenesis

#3 Postby Galotta » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:18 am

don't miss this part:
Galotta wrote:check out the complete german core rulebook.. you can download it for free here - yeah its legal:!:

Enno
Veteran

#4 Postby Enno » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:12 am

Never liked the original setting because of its clunky rules, but in its Savaged incarnation its a lot of fun.

Just to mention, i made a quick and dirty battlemap of :SHELL for the RPC2011 con. Have fun!

With its 24 pages it needs a lot of ink. So be careful when printing it. It's A4 so you have to resize it for letter format.
;)
High Sage of Hoenir & Scribe of Qedeshet

Galotta
Novice

#5 Postby Galotta » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:16 am

your Map is so great... my players loved that I used it.

thank you.. (and your map is already linked in the PDF p. 40 :razz: )
it's too good to miss it.

Enno
Veteran

#6 Postby Enno » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:25 am

:oops: Missed it when i browsed the file...

It's always good to hear, that ones work is appreciated.

Have fun! :-D
High Sage of Hoenir & Scribe of Qedeshet

stroganrog
Novice

#7 Postby stroganrog » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Hello everyone.

Is it possible somehow to get Degenesis rough PDF? Without file dropper? Via e-mail?

Thank you in advance!

Stroganrog

Galotta
Novice

#8 Postby Galotta » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:40 pm

is there anyone offering space for uploading the conversion?

http://depositfiles.com/files/s2f7k2vrg

stroganrog
Novice

#9 Postby stroganrog » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Thank you so much!!!

Also maybe someone could explain specializations part from core rulebook?

When CHAR creation in process should I pay for each specialization? Or it's free or just 1 free? or should I pay points? Then which ones?

I just don't get it..... Sorry

Stroganrog

Galotta
Novice

#10 Postby Galotta » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:51 am

what rulebook? Degenesis or SW-Deluxe?

page?

If SWD.. all questions will be answered here:
http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

stroganrog
Novice

#11 Postby stroganrog » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:06 am

Degenesis rulebook. Page 208

Galotta
Novice

#12 Postby Galotta » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:52 am

ok. but then it's a CatharSys question - sorry I can't answer it without reading up on it.

maybe asking here: http://www.degenesis.de/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=14
that's the off. Degenesis Forum.

Galotta
Novice

#13 Postby Galotta » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:13 am

*Update*
- added more detailed information about the setting

JohnTaber
Novice

#14 Postby JohnTaber » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Not sure...but I think IPR still has Degenisis in English up for sale. They only had a few copies. I got one about 9 months I guess it was...evocative setting. :)
GAME ON!
John T>

Visit my RPG and anime blog called Kingbeast's Lair!

Galotta
Novice

#15 Postby Galotta » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:40 pm

IPR?

JohnTaber
Novice

#16 Postby JohnTaber » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Galotta wrote:IPR?

Indie Press Revolution - An online RPG store that specializes in these type of rarer products. They still have 15 in stock.
http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17816&page=1
GAME ON!

John T>

Visit my RPG and anime blog called Kingbeast's Lair!

greyseerco
Seasoned

#17 Postby greyseerco » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:33 am

I got an email from Post Human Studios that they were having a sale on the setting, mainly because they plan to not carry it any more. So I am glad I got my copy back at GenCon, but it definitely was a niche setting for the US.

Galotta
Novice

#18 Postby Galotta » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:09 am

And you can always get it as Print on demand.. here!

that's where I got my copy. :blam:

but it's a shame, that they drop the setting, it's so cool. and it's in heavy need of good scenarios!
Degenesis: Rough - a Savage Worlds Conversion

Takeda
Heroic

#19 Postby Takeda » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:38 am

Looks cool!
Dean: "Ya' know she could be faking."
Sam: "Yeah, what do you wanna do, poke her with a stick?"
[Dean nods]
Sam: "Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick?"
Supernatural Quotes

Galotta
Novice