Savage Herculoids

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

wolfsgrin
Novice

Savage Herculoids

#1 Postby wolfsgrin » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:27 am

Hey there fellow Savages! New guy here. First off would like to say that I've been lurking around here for a bit and really like the boards and the people on it. While other RPG boards are filled with trolls and flamers and outright jerks, this community seems to be a cut above the rest. Much appreciated.
On to the meat.
Been home brewing the characters from the Herculoids show for a one shot. Got everybody figured out and stated except for Gloop and Gleep. I'm fairly new to SW and nothing I've read, so far, really helps in the concept. I just feel like I'm assigning numbers without a real basis for it. Just thought I'd get some other takes on it. I have scrapped all my attempts at these two. They'll be played by a player that is already playing Dorno (the boy) who seems to be always with them in the toon. I had thought about just giving a bonus to Dorno's parry/ranged target number if he (or one other) is adjacent to them. But outside of that I'm a little stuck for stating them out and using their stretch and limited shape shifting abilities.
Thanks! Hope this doesn't look like a bunch of drivel. lol

kingofsouls
Novice

#2 Postby kingofsouls » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:31 pm

Can we see the stats for the others? It might be a good way to compare what you have to what you want.

Alos, what are you using to make the characters? Explorer's edition? Deluxe edition? Fantasy companion? Super powers companion? Homebrew? It might be a good idea to spill those details so we can help.

To me it sounds like yo might need to create a race for Gloop and Gleep, or maybe use the super powers companion so you can give them Absorption and Altered Form i believe it is called. Keep in mind that if you do use SPC you need to conform everyone to that set of rules: you can't use it for just one guy.

wolfsgrin
Novice

#3 Postby wolfsgrin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:27 pm

I was a little vague there. I was going to post stats and then wasn't sure about copyright and all that jazz.
I'm using deluxe. I'll try to post later tonight. Gotta go through my files and copy them over.
Thanks for the help.

kingofsouls
Novice

#4 Postby kingofsouls » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Hey, no problem. Creativity thrives here,and this is the internet, so i wouldn't worry too much about copyright, just as long as you aren't trying to claim you own the Herculoids I say it's fine.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#5 Postby ValhallaGH » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:50 pm

kingofsouls wrote:i wouldn't worry too much about copyright, just as long as you aren't trying to claim you own the Herculoids I say it's fine.

You'd be wrong.
Do not post conversions on the forum of material that is copywritten. Posting the stats for Lou K. Windrunner, Psi Ranger is fine, but not that other guy.

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9066

You can post a link to copyright stats, but you can't post them here.
You could post stats for similar character, though. Nothing wrong with some imitation. :wink:
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

marshal kt
Legendary

#6 Postby marshal kt » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:35 pm

I've always wanted to write up Thundar the Barbarian and his crew. Probably easy, especially if I used SPC to make them just that much stronger than the norm.
I'm just too lazy. No reason to write up stuff for myself, if I'd never get chance to play or run it.
"I had a Me-llennial call me senile because he didn't like my ruling as GM."

kingofsouls
Novice

#7 Postby kingofsouls » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:18 pm

ValhallaGH wrote:
kingofsouls wrote:i wouldn't worry too much about copyright, just as long as you aren't trying to claim you own the Herculoids I say it's fine.

You'd be wrong.
Do not post conversions on the forum of material that is copywritten. Posting the stats for Lou K. Windrunner, Psi Ranger is fine, but not that other guy.

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9066

You can post a link to copyright stats, but you can't post them here.
You could post stats for similar character, though. Nothing wrong with some imitation. :wink:

Did not know that. Thank you for the heads up.

warrenss2
Heroic

#8 Postby warrenss2 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:14 am

This needs to have Savage Thundarr the Barbarian right next to it.
:blam:

seawolf1969
Novice

Re: Savage Herculoids

#9 Postby seawolf1969 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:06 pm

I know it has been a while for this post but I just started looking into this too. Was there any progress?

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”