Savage Blue Planet

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

stouty
Novice

Savage Blue Planet

#1 Postby stouty » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi, my name is Mark Stout and I was line developer for Blue Planet under RedBrick, and later FASA Games. I was responsible for development of Blue Planet Revised, and Savage Blue Planet.

Due to license issues, Savage Blue Planet would never be published.

Unwilling to waste the work I put into it, I have collated all the Savage Worlds rules, items, and creatures into a fan release pdf.

There is no background and setting information in the pdf. You will need copies of (at least) the Blue Planet Player's Guide and Moderator's/Game Master's Guide in v2 or Revised editions in order to have the setting information. This was done for the obvious copyright reasons.

Below is a link to my Dropbox account where you can download the following:
    The Savage Blue Planet guide
    Character sheet
    Bloodsport adventure, maps, and pregen characters
    Dolphins, Guns, and Money adventure, maps, and pregen characters
    Poseidon Asides: Two small pdf releases each detailing a Poseidon business, the personalities therein, and hooks to use them in your campaign.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1jmtlac4g3ofa8h/tam74rhQPF

Comments and critique welcome, although it's unlikely I will be working on these rules any further. Anyone is free to alter them as they see fit.

Cheers,
Mark
Mark Stout
Freelance Developer - Capricious Games, FASA Games, Dramascape

OSIAdept
Legendary

#2 Postby OSIAdept » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:11 pm

Sorry to hear that SBP will not be making it to market, was looking forward to it.

How ever thank you very much for the chance for the fans and what not to see and use the hardwork you put into it

siefertma
Seasoned

#3 Postby siefertma » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:46 am

Awwww crud! :( I was looking forward to this title along with a Savaged version of Fading Suns. Oh Well...

Thanks so much for getting these rules to us, Mark. I'll peruse these rules later today.
Be Aggressive,
Mark A. Siefert

Visit No School Like The Old School: http://noschoololdschoolgames.blogspot.com/

VonDan
Legendary

#4 Postby VonDan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:28 am

I picked up a few blue planet books in the past but never played, looking threw them I was reminded of other science fiction works especially the David Brin Uplift setting and others with trans human aspects.

In conjunction with the new Sci Fi companion this could be made into a supplement or generic Sci Fi setting to cover play in several Sci Fi book and game properties that involve aspects of trans human genetics and modified bio forms.

With the Sci Fi companion and a bit more about modified bio forms i colud see running any of the following

Blue Planet
Uplift
Orbital Decay
Eclipse Phase
Transhuman Space

eric.kiser
Novice

#5 Postby eric.kiser » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:49 am

Mark, thanks for sharing all this. I spent the evening reading through all of it. Nice job. Shame it wont get published.

Evilgaz
Seasoned

#6 Postby Evilgaz » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:27 am

Sorry to hear it all went south (just found out), for what it's worth, you were doing a great job IMHO!

Petto
Novice

Re: Savage Blue Planet

#7 Postby Petto » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:22 am

Any chance this could be re-uploaded? Or do anyone else have these files?

mitchw1219
Novice

#8 Postby mitchw1219 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:35 pm

Did this get re-loaded somewhere, I would love to get a copy.

Thanks,
Mitch

Ian R Liddle
Novice

#9 Postby Ian R Liddle » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:43 pm

I'd love to see this relisted, I love Blue Planet.

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”