Rakashans as PC werewolves

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

PC Werewolf stats...

d6 Agility
20%
d6 Strength
40%
d6 Vitality
No votes
Berserk
40%

Total votes: 5

Browncoat Commander
Novice

Rakashans as PC werewolves

#1 Postby Browncoat Commander » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:59 pm

I'm running with a Vampires vs. Werewolves setting. The werewolves are super soldiers created by the vampires (think Chimeras from a certain alchemical animé), and a PC werewolf is an escapee from the vampires' Army of darkness.
The werewolves in the SW Bestiary are a bit much for Novice players to be walking around with unsupervised, so I got the idea to simply re-skin the Rakashans from SW Fantasy Companion. Problem is, I can't make up my mind. Do I keep the d6 Agility, or do I swap it out with Vitaliy or Strength or even with Berserk and call it Feral Instincts?

Thanks in advance, everybody!
The only rule is the Rule of Cool! 8)

...if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.

Ilina_Young
Veteran

Re: Rakashans as PC werewolves

#2 Postby Ilina_Young » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:55 pm

it really doesn't matter where you assign the d6, its only really an Extra Stat Point with no change in the cap. it it were the +3 d8 ability. then it would actually matter. so keeping it in agility is fine, spending your points and advances on different things, could amount to different types of Lycanthropes. a werebear would have a high strength and vigor, with brawny, while a weretiger would have high strength and agility alongside a high stealth while a werewolf probably has a high agility and a high survival and tracking. it would mostly be where you spend your points and your advances.

Browncoat Commander
Novice

#3 Postby Browncoat Commander » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:41 am

...And problem solved... Thanks, Ilina_Young!

...if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.

Zadmar
Legendary

#4 Postby Zadmar » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:21 am

Another option would be to use the vampires from Savage Undead and the werewolves from Savage Beasts.
My blog: Savage Stuff. I've also written some free tools and supplements.

Jounichi
Legendary

#5 Postby Jounichi » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:11 am

Or the Horror Companion. I picked mine up for free of of DriveThru, so maybe they have another discount/special.
"Rush not in to fights. Long is the war. Only by surviving it, will you prevail." -Yoda
"Wise man once say, 'forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.'" -Michelangelo

Browncoat Commander
Novice

#6 Postby Browncoat Commander » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Zadmar wrote:Another option would be to use the vampires from Savage Undead and the werewolves from Savage Beasts.

And now, for whatever reason, I have the idea of a werepigeon bouncing around inside my skull.
Just thought I'd share that with you all...

But seriously, thanks, this is exactly the kind of stuff I've been looking for!

UmbraLux
Veteran

#7 Postby UmbraLux » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:21 pm

Browncoat Commander wrote:And now, for whatever reason, I have the idea of a werepigeon bouncing around inside my skull.
lol, I ran a Deadlands campaign with a PC therianthrope (coyote) a few years ago. Used a homebrew AB though, that way power levels were up to how much the player invested. I reskinned and reused the Harrowed's manitou possession as the downside. It worked pretty well.

Good luck with yours!

Kendermage
Seasoned

#8 Postby Kendermage » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:24 pm

I would maybe replace the Agility with the Fast Healing Monster Ability. Not quite as good as true regeneration, but it would allow the lycanthrope to heal quicker from wounds except those suffered from silver.
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

George Carlin

Browncoat Commander
Novice

#9 Postby Browncoat Commander » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:48 pm

UmbraLux wrote:
Browncoat Commander wrote:And now, for whatever reason, I have the idea of a werepigeon bouncing around inside my skull.
lol, I ran a Deadlands campaign with a PC therianthrope (coyote) a few years ago. Used a homebrew AB though, that way power levels were up to how much the player invested. I reskinned and reused the Harrowed's manitou possession as the downside. It worked pretty well.

Good luck with yours!

Thanks! I'm actually doing the same thing for the vampires. I'm calling the possession mechanic Blood Lust. Basically they have to roll anytime they smell fresh blood or go into a "feeding frenzy" like a shark.

Browncoat Commander
Novice

#10 Postby Browncoat Commander » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:49 pm

Kendermage wrote:I would maybe replace the Agility with the Fast Healing Monster Ability. Not quite as good as true regeneration, but it would allow the lycanthrope to heal quicker from wounds except those suffered from silver.

Also a good point. I think I'll go with that instead.

SavageGamerGirl
Legendary

#11 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:12 pm

The Savage Worlds version of Gaslight has PC vampires and werewolves.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/117570/Ga ... ds-Edition

Without giving away free information from a not-free source, the way they handle vampires and werewolves is you start with a base and then you can buy greater powers based on your monster type as you advance. A Novice vampire or werewolf can't do everything starting out, but by the time they're Heroic or Legendary...
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”