Benny Bank

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

SeeleyOne
Veteran

Benny Bank

#1 Postby SeeleyOne » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:16 pm

This is subject to change after we use it in the game and comments are welcome; we allow people to spend a standard benny to get +1d6 to a roll

Bankable Bennies are a type of benny that lasts between sessions. They are superior to standard bennies in several ways.

Pre-Emptive Bonus
If a Bankable Benny is spent before a trait roll is actually rolled, spending a Bankable Benny will add 2d6 to the result. These extra dice can ace. Whatever bonus is gained in this manner is lost with a reroll attempt unless it is made by spending another Bankable Benny (see Reroll below).

Reactive Bonus
After the trait roll has been made, a Bankable Benny may be spent to add 1d6+2 to the result. This extra die can ace. Whatever bonus is gained in this manner is lost with a reroll attempt unless it is made by spending another Bankable Benny (see Reroll below).

Reroll
If a Bankable Benny is spent on a reroll, the benefit is that the character makes two rerolls and can choose which of them to use for the final result.If the player wants to reroll after this, a standard benny will only grant a single reroll. However, a Bankable Benny will grant two rerolls as above.

Transferable
Bankable Bennies may be transferred by the owning player to any other character, Wild Card or Extra, at any time during a session. It must be used at that moment and may not be saved for future use by that character. The donating player does not have to have a character that is involved in the scene in which the Bankable Benny is used, but the donating player does need to be aware and agree to the donation.

Banking Bennies
A player adds Bankable Bennies to a character as a reward for being invested in the game. In some cases, it is by doing something particularly cool in a game.

The most routine case to earn a Bankable Benny is for a player to write an in-character journal, and then share it with the group. This adds to the game as it helps you, and the rest of the group, to get an insight into your character’s thoughts and motives. It also helps to remind the group of notes, details, and noteworthy events.

Bankable Bennies might be given during a session for doing something that is especially important to the story of the game. For example, if your character died you might get a Bankable Benny for your new character, as well as transferring all Bankable Bennies from your old character to the new one.

All Bankable Benny awards are given by the approval of the Game Master. They are meant as a way to reward a player for doing something that adds to the game and are more interesting than a simple Experience Point bonus.
Last edited by SeeleyOne on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just about every kid today wants to be Batman, Spiderman, or Superman. Maybe if we were better parents they would not want to become orphans.

To be evil is to live backwards

Sadric
Heroic

Re: Benny Bank

#2 Postby Sadric » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:49 am

You know that Deadlands have other rules for bennies, too. They come in different colors. The red and blue ones give +d6 on a roll result (red chip means the GM draw a chip, too).
Your idea of adding 3d6 seems really powerfull, btw.

SeeleyOne
Veteran

#3 Postby SeeleyOne » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:03 pm

yeah that is powerful. I have not seen it in play yet, but I think I will lower it. I wanted it to be better than a normal benny. I will look at the Deadlands ideas. Thanks.
Just about every kid today wants to be Batman, Spiderman, or Superman. Maybe if we were better parents they would not want to become orphans.

SeeleyOne
Veteran

#4 Postby SeeleyOne » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:31 pm

I changed it to 2d6 and 1d6+2. My group loves acing.

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”