Final Fight/Streets of Rage Setting?

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

The Warlord
Seasoned

Final Fight/Streets of Rage Setting?

#1 Postby The Warlord » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:34 am

Wasn't there a licensee game coming out set in the beat'em genre of the 90s?

Anything come of it? Anyone do something similar?

Volt875
Seasoned

Re: Final Fight/Streets of Rage Setting?

#2 Postby Volt875 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:05 am

I haven't heard of it but that sounds awesome. I love Streets of Rage!
"...If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. But sad or merry, I must leave it now. Farewell!"- Thorin Oakenshield; The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

NicholasMinora
Novice

#3 Postby NicholasMinora » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:26 pm

U can create a character like others but without money to spend, to do the Special Attack they can use a bene to call for the police car to terminate de minions and do some damage to the bosses. I play like that with some friends.

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#4 Postby Sitting Duck » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:20 am

The Warlord wrote:Wasn't there a licensee game coming out set in the beat'em genre of the 90s?

I think I've probably mentioned this elsewhere, so you'll pardon the repetition. IIRC such a setting had been planned by Charles Phipps Studios. However, I seem to recall that their first licensee setting (Winterweir) flopped pretty hard, and they appear to have abandoned Savage Worlds since then.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

kronovan
Heroic

#5 Postby kronovan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:20 am

If you want some melee martial art edges, Iron Dynasty is a good setting to milk for that. It's historical fantasy set in a pseudo feudal Japan, but the edges are easily enough adapted into a modern setting. As well, Clint Black created a 2 page doc featuring some modern martial arts edges. IIRC that doc is available for download on the savageheroes or savagepedia site.

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”