No Power Points Arcane Backgrounds 2.0

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

moonowl67
Seasoned

No Power Points Arcane Backgrounds 2.0

#1 Postby moonowl67 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:28 pm

It's been a while, and I've been testing the No Power Points Arcane Backgrounds. Some changes have been made since starting the Fantasy-Science Fiction Mashup campaign, but it occurred to me that some of you might be able to use the Arcane Backgrounds and the rules that I've adapted and come up with in your own campaigns. Some of this was inspired by Savage Rifts, other parts from other fans.

You can find the excised No Power Points Arcane Backgrounds here:
http://jpm-art.com/Magical%20Variety%20 ... Points.pdf

Enjoy!

moonowl67
Seasoned

Re: No Power Points Arcane Backgrounds 2.0

#2 Postby moonowl67 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:02 am

Update: Better integration with the Horror Companion rules (Incorporated Sanity).

moonowl67
Seasoned

#3 Postby moonowl67 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:54 am

Cleaned up the Rituals Section to the way I'd run them: Having a ritual take rounds helps to integrate them into combats .... There's nothing more exciting than interrupting that summoner calling his deity to the turkey shoot!

moonowl67
Seasoned

#4 Postby moonowl67 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:48 am

'Made some improvements to the Way works, to bring it more into balance with the other Arcane Backgrounds; Now, the magus selects specific trappings (just as others select a specific power) and suffers penalties when attempting spells that are outside of his selected Trapping. He still retains free-form casting - it's just that casting outside of his usual trappings is more difficult. I also removed the requirements for that Arcane Background, as no other AB has requirements.

moonowl67
Seasoned

#5 Postby moonowl67 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:27 am

Play-testing has shown that the effects of The Way need to be limited by Rank (similar to standard Powers). This required some re-tooling, removing some features and adding a couple more. I think the final result is a cleaner, simpler, Arcane Background.

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”