Needing some Assists with Dogma/ Sins for Deities

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Azrael-Sama
Novice

Needing some Assists with Dogma/ Sins for Deities

#1 Postby Azrael-Sama » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:37 pm

Alrighty starting up a new fantasy campaign, and haven't messed with the god(desses) of the setting in a long while. Bringing in a bunch of awesome new people into the Savage Family, and as you do as a gamemaster it's been herding cats XD So I'm reaching out for assistance pllllllleeeeeeaase and thankies. Needing help fleshing out the sins/ dogma for a few of the deities in the setting (particularly ones that people will be using), one's that have never been touched before by my players in past groups. In particular I need about 3 Minor, Major, and Critical sins for each deity.

Asiralaves Portfolio:Art, Love, Peace, and Beauty Domains: Charm, Community, Good, Healing, Protection Priest(ess): Peace Maker, Sex:F General Align: CG

Valan Port: Healing, Life and Light, Port: Glory, Good, Healing, Protection, Sun, Priest(ess): Pain Bearer, Paladin:Light Bringer, Sex: M GA: LG

Valuer Port: Scoundrels, Luck, and Revelry D: Charm, Liberation, Luck, Travel, Trickery Fortunado, Sex: M GA: CN

Laska P: Ice, Cold, Autumn and Winter D: Darkness, Destruction, Protection, Water, Weather Priestess: Wintress Pali: Frost Blade, Sex:F GA: CN

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: Needing some Assists with Dogma/ Sins for Deities

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:18 pm

Something related I put together a while back.

Goddess of Death
• Aspect: Death, magic, peace.
• Powers: Armor, banish, barrier, beast friend (swarms and carrion creatures), bolt, boost/lower Trait, damage field, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, entangle, environmental protection, fear, healing, intangibility, obscure, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun.
• Duties: To ensure the dead a properly laid to rest, to prevent the dead from being raised as undead creatures.
• Sins: (Minor) neglecting to perform funerary rites, disrespecting funerary rites; (Major) desecrating a dead body, knowingly allowing undead to exist; (Mortal) intentionally raising an undead creature.

God of Earth
• Aspect: Earth, stone, subterranean creatures.
• Powers: Armor, barrier, beast friend (subterranean creatures), bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, elemental manipulation, environmental protection, havoc, healing, obscure, pummel, smite, stun, telekinesis, wall walker.
• Duties: Preserve the land, ensure people work with the land.
• Sins: (Minor) mining, going to sea, flying, mistreating subterranean creatures; (Major) operating or working in a quarry, starting landslides, killing revered subterranean creatures; (Mortal) massive land destruction such as strip mining, burying someone at sea.

God of Fire
• Aspect: Fire, metalwork, light.
• Powers: Armor, barrier, blast, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burst, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, elemental manipulation, entangle, environmental protection, fly, healing, light, quickness, smite, speak language, speed, stun, summon ally (fire elemental), teleport.
• Duties: Bring warmth and light to others, promote metalwork, protect forges.
• Sins: (Minor) not lighting a fire each day, accidentally damaging skillful metalwork; (Major) intentionally damaging skilled metalwork, refusing to stand against the forces of darkness, not sharing a fire; (Mortal) destroying a forge, letting another freeze to death.

God of Luck
• Aspect: Gambling, tricks, revels.
• Powers: Armor, boost/lower Trait, burrow, confusion, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, disguise, dispel, elemental manipulation, entangle, environmental protection, fly, invisibility, light/obscure, puppet, quickness, shape change, speak language, speed, stun, telekinesis.
• Duties: Embrace chaos, enjoy celebrations, play pranks and jokes.
• Sins: (Minor) being miserable or depressed, getting into a predictable routine, not gambling for a month; (Major) refusing a drink offered in friendship, not gambling for a year, not offering a joke or prank in a week; (Mortal) reneging on a bet.

God of Travel
• Aspect: Journeys, roads, freedom.
• Powers: Armor, banish, boost/lower Trait, burrow, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, healing, intangibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slow, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, teleport, wall walker.
• Duties: Explore, help honest travelers in need, go beyond the horizon.
• Sins: (Minor) not traveling for at least one week a month, agree to being bound, not sharing with fellow travelers; (Major) binding another, not protecting a traveler from bandits, accidentally destroying a road or bridge; (Mortal) robbing a traveler, intentionally destroying a road or bridge.

Time for sleep. I'll try to address your specifics later.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Azrael-Sama
Novice

#3 Postby Azrael-Sama » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:08 am

<3 your goddess of death :o , and thankies :D

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#4 Postby ValhallaGH » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:38 am

If you don't have the Fantasy Companion then I'd strongly recommend it. It's got a good section on gods and goddesses, magical gear, some new mundane gear, siege equipment, a few additional races, more Edges, and other goodies perfect for a D&D setting adapted to Savage Worlds.

Asiralaves - While clearly unique, you could probably use the FC Goddess of Healing for the mechanics of serving her.
Valan - Again, a specific deity, but the FC God of the Sun would give solid game mechanics.
Valuer - Borrow my God of Luck, since they seem to be for similar concepts.
Laska - God of Winter and Ice, and the only one that needs some adaptation. I'll kick this around some more; I'm a bit light on the fluff, which is key to figuring out appropriate Duties and Sins for the divine champions.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Azrael-Sama
Novice

#5 Postby Azrael-Sama » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:12 am

Thanks mate. Sorry I haven't replied sooner, but I was kicking Laska (Ice Goddess) around with a player and fellow creator of the setting, and we're still boggled on how we want her depicted. When I originally created her she was going to be the benefactor goddess of the Frost/Winter Elves, and be a harsh and bitter goddess, sometimes finicky, but a fair goddess in the end. But they don't exist in the setting anymore, I had to narrow down my splintered elven types XD

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”