Weird Wars mini scale

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

shadowbeast
Novice

Weird Wars mini scale

#1 Postby shadowbeast » Tue May 17, 2016 8:21 am

I know some people role-play in 1/72, and that's the scale of the artwork on the flats. However I don't know if I should buy 1/72 WW2 minis for Weird Wars: World War Two (or One, for that matter!) to save costs, or keep collecting 28mm. Which would be preferred?

Bobble
Seasoned

Re: Weird Wars mini scale

#2 Postby Bobble » Thu May 19, 2016 11:09 am

It probably depends on how big your collection of 28mm is. For me, the key factor would be that the on-table distances for 1/72 are much more manageable. I might even go down to 1/100 and reprint the flats at that scale if I were doing something that would benefit from longer contact ranges (a Desert Rats campaign, for example). If you're doing papercraft buildings and vehicles, you're probably going to find a lot more things available in 1/72.

Paper Tiger Armaments does a lot of paper WW2 vehicles. Or if you need to populate the table, you could scale up some of the 1/100 vehicles and whatnot from, say, Rawen (http://prmodels.webnode.cz/).

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”